8

The next day, Judy was almost asleep, when she heard a knock on the door. Groaning, she reluctantly got up and opened the door to see that it was Nick.

The rabbit looked at him in surprise, and said with a smirk, "well, you're up early."

"Yep," Nick put on his smooth smile, slipping on his glasses and leaning up against the door.

"Did you ever get the cuffs off?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "But I was actually enjoying being connected to you, carrots," he winked.

Judy blushed lightly, rolling her eyes and playfully hit Nick on the shoulder. "Shut up."

Nick laughed as she turned around and shut the door so she could get ready for work.

When she opened her door again, she spotted Nick chatting with her neighbors. "Yeah, me and carrots solve crime all the time. We're like those cop teams on movies-"

"Nick!" She yelled, giving him a small glare. "Come on! We're gonna be late for work!"

"See?" He said with his sly grin. "Told ya she was bossy-"

"Shut up!" She yelled, grabbing him by his tie. Yes, he insisted that he wear a tie with his cop uniform.

"What all did you tell them?!" Judy scolded as they were in the parking lot, preparing to get in their cop car.

"Relax, whiskers. I only told them about our amazing adventures, and all the times you mess up at work-"

"Nick!!!!" She yelled louder, tapping her foot on the ground, angrily. "You lied to them? Cause last time I remember, you were the one who messed up," she looked down at both their wrists, and gave a small chuckle. "Come on."

Nick couldn't hold back his laughter as he got in the passenger seat of the car. "So, they'll believe anything."

"Yeah, I know. They're also very annoying. They won't quit telling each other to shut up," she said.

"Sounds like someone I know," Nick said, leaning his left elbow on the cup holder and leaning towards Judy.

"Ha ha, very funny," she said, nearly flooring the break, making Nick feel like he was nearly flying out of his seat.

"Carrots, you could've killed me!" He said dramatically, holding a hand to his heart.

Judy raised an eyebrow. "Oh, darn. That's too bad. Guess I'll try next time."

Nick laid back in his seat, smirking at her. "Oh, carrots. What would I do without you?"

*********

"Hurry!" A panther yelled at one of his partners.

"I'm trying, Mason!" Yelled the other Panther, Mike, as he hauled a huge black bag over his shoulder with a squirming squirrel inside.

"Hey! Let me out!" Screamed her tiny voice.

"Too bad, acorn," said Mike, laughing evilly. Together, the two mammals dumped the squirrel into a cage.

"Hey!" She screamed, frantically running around in circles, trying to get out.

"Stop struggling!" Yelled Mason. "It just makes it a lot harder to conduct our experiment."

"What is your little "experiment?" She asked.

The panther smirked. "Well, you see, darling," he bent down closer to her, causing her to back up as far as she could in the cage. "We're bringing back the night howlers. And instead of using them on predators, were using them on prey."

"But-what?! Y-you don't know how the affects will work!" She stuttered. "There are more of us than you!"

"True," he nodded, standing up again. "But...the more prey we shoot, the more predators will rise."

"That's not gonna work," she said, giving Mason a glare.

"Oh, I think it will, don't you, Mike?" The panther looked at his partner, who wasn't paying any attention. "Wait, what? Yeah! Yeah! It'll definitely work!"

Mason rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to the squirrel. "Are you ready to be the first experiment?"

*********

"Seriously, there's no activity today?" Judy said to herself as her and Nick were just told by the chief that everybody was either on parking duty, or on stakeout. Just and Nick were told to go on a stakeout. For the whole workday.

"This is gonna be so boring," Judy complained as her and her partner drove up a grassy hill, where they were told to lookout.

"Hey, it's not so bad," Nick said. We have the radio, our phones, and, I even brought some blueberries."

Judy rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that helps a lot, Nick. What do we do if we don't like a song? If the blueberries run out? If our phones die? Which I'm sure all of that will happen within the next hour or two."

"Then, we can play a game," he said.

Judy let out a deep breath. "Here we go."

****Nine hours later****

Just...one...more...hour... Judy felt like banging her head against the dashboard. She thought she was gonna die. She couldn't stand Nick's constant singing and munching on blueberries anymore. And the most annoying part: Nick's stupid jokes. Especially the three-jumped camel one.

"Hey, carrots?" Asked Nick after about five seconds of silence. It was a record, though.

"What?" Judy groaned.

"Do you think I could be a pirate?"

Judy's eyes widened. "What? Nick, that doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you didn't eat too many blueberries?"

"Yes, carrots," he said, sitting up. "I'm just asking for fun. Do you think I would make a good pirate?"

Judy let out a deep sigh. "In all honesty, Nick, I think you would probably get your crew lost at sea."

"Hey," Nick pouted. "That wasn't very nice, carrots."

Judy shrugged. "Well, you wanted me to tell you."

Suddenly, the two cops heard a gunshot from behind them. "Go go go!"

Judy looked at Nick, an he nodded back. They both buckled up, and Judy started the engine.

With one sharp-and not so smooth-turn, the fox and rabbit were after the big, black van in front of them.

"Who is that?!" Nick asked, taking off his sunglasses, and squinting carefully. He then gasped. "Carrots!" He tapped Judy quickly on the shoulder. "It's that panther we saw the other day!

Judy's eyes widened. In fear, perhaps? No! She would not let herself be scared!

It looks like he's got a partner," she added.