Chapter 1-"But you have to be..."

Smiling contently with my little Evee trotting beside me, I thought of Team plasma and their crazy plans. Taking over Unova and liberating people from their Pokemon is just absurd.
Evee purred rubbing against my legs, probably wondering what I was thinking. I stopped to pick her up and hold her close to me.

With my attention so fixed on Evee, I hadn't even realised that I bumped into a figure who had been standing on the footpath.
"Hello Touko." A familiar voice practically purred, making me jump back in alarm and cover my Evee protectively with my arms.

N stood there with that childish grin on his face, curiosity clear in his eyes.

"Hi N." I murmured softly. I tried to sound independent and courageous but instead I'm sure my whole appearance and voice sounded the opposite of brave. I was afraid that he wanted to battle me, I wasn't in the mood especially because I was so tired and Evee was the only Pokemon I had on me.

"Why is Evee out of her pokeball?" He asked.
There it was, his stupid child like curiosity that made him almost seem.... Naive.

"Well... I like it when she's beside me.. I enjoy her company." I said stroking Evee's fur, who was cuddled against my chest. "And plus, I'm sure she enjoys my company as well."

N nodded slowly probably a bit taken back by what I said.
"Is that what you do with all of your Pokemon, Touko?"

I shook my head surprised by the question.
"Well, I don't let all of them out at once if that's what you mean?"

N smiled and shook his head "No, I didn't mean it like that. But I meant what if they wanted to stay and hide in their pokeballs because they didn't want to be out for a 'showy display' or because they didn't enjoy your company. Would you force them to come out and accompany you even if they didn't want to?

I narrowed my eyes. What kind of question was that? "My Pokemon do love being out of their pokeballs and they do enjoy my company but."

"Well how do you know that for a certain? Can you understand the language of your Pokemon Touko?"

"Um, no but-"

"May I speak to your Evee then Touko?"

Why did he keep using my name! Always having to use it in a sentence! It's not like I had to use his name in every sentence. He sounded like my mother! It was really starting to put me on edge.

"Guess so...."

N took a few steps toward me and took my Evee out of my arms and held her carefully in his. With her nose pointed upwards at him she purred softly.

For a couple of minutes I watched in amazement as Evee purred and N stood there smiling, as if he knew perfectly what she was saying.

Finally he glanced up at me and winked. I blushed at him and looked around confused. He rolled his eyes and gestured for me to come closer. I leaned towards him and took back my Evee.

"Your good to your Pokemon Touko."

"Um, I do have 7 gym badges-"

"I didn't mean that." He interrupted "Your Evee completely trusts you... She wants to be by your side constantly and give her best in every battle you's face. She has affection for you. I've never seen a Pokemon feel this way for its trainer before."

I stood there stunned as my Evee had her head tilted to the side, her face looked like it was smiling in agreement.

"Touko," I honestly almost winced as he persistently said my name. "If only, there were more trainers who had a personality like yours."

I felt my face grow hot.

N smiled, this time it wasn't forced or half hearted. It was genuine.
And for a trainer who was pretty much my rival it was like his smile meant friendship.
"Meet me at my castle." He commanded as he strode off.

I brushed my fringe back in annoyance and went to protest... But he was gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Separating people from Pokemon... Performing an act of liberation and for what? That's absurd." I muttered as I entered the cave where the giant castle remained.

I stood and stared at it which practically towered over me and Evee. I hated places that were dark and gloomy it made shivers go down my spine.
I hugged myself as I went deeper, I could see the misty cool air that came out of my mouth as I breathed. It was freezing.
I was only a couple of paces away from reaching the bridge that was already lowered towards the front massive door.
I thought of Evee who was in my pokeball along with Zoroa,Samurott and Ampharos who were clicked onto my belt.

I shouldn't have brought them along, not only was I putting myself in danger but I was putting my dearest Pokemon at risk. After all I was entering the kingdom of Team Plasma.
Who knows what could happen?
I stopped in front of the wooden door that stood dark and hollow.
I don't know if I'm brave enough to face them all, they could be awaiting me in ambush style. Ready to pounce on me.
I screwed up my face in worry and stepped back slowly, I was letting my fear overwhelm me more than it should, It was hard trying to get a grip.

I thought of my poor mother back in Aspertia city, probably worried sick about me. I hadn't called her in 2 weeks.
What would she be thinking if she knew I was heading straight into calamity? What would happen if I never was able to contact her because I was trapped? She would be all alone, dreading the worst.

Thinking about her made me gain the courage to step forward.
I was scared of what was going to happen, but just thinking about the whole of Unova or the world that was depending on me to stand up to Team Plasma. I had to be brave.
I hated disappointing people. Especially the ones I love.

I also thought of N who was awaiting my visit. My battle to show how much of a grown up I was. He needed me to show my true potential of being a trainer.

I knocked loudly on the door and mysteriously it opened by itself.
Inside was a massive ball room with a huge brightly lit chandelier. There were marble stairs on both sides of the room leading to 10 or more rooms.
I gulped as I entered. "I can't do this." I murmured my eyes wide with fear.
I stepped backwards as illusions of the room seemed to appear more frightening than it actually was.
I shrunk back and slid against the wall and hid my head in my knee's.

"I can't be the one to save everyone. I can't do it... I'm not a hero." I sobbed.

"But you have to be." A voice echoed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:
Hey guys!!!
How was that for the first chapter?!
It's not originally mine, it's more of an inspiration and plus a similar story to some fiction story I've read before. So don't give all the credit to me :P I've just changed the story line and wording, it's similar but not exactly the same. It will be longer than the one I've read. Please Vote,Comment and Recommend!

Thank you lovelies.

Gem(Gen)xoxo