Chapter 9:(New)

Chapter 9

 "Summer..." whispered a soft voice. My eyes fluttered open slowly and found Luke hovering over me worried.

"Are you alright? I was walking to the little corner store down the street and you were running with half your shirt ripped off, what were you running from?" he asked. He lay down next to me and pulled me in close to his body. It was a lie to say I didn't like the comfort. I snuggled more into his and buried my face in his arm. I couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell him it was Steven's father that did the SAME exact thing he did. Because I knew he was going to act like nothing ever happened in the car yesterday.

"I um...some guy..he tried to umm abduct me?" I said. It came out more like a question, which I was afraid to happen. He wouldn't believe me. His grip on me grew stronger and then his arms relaxed a little bit. He took his arm from under him and began softly stroking my hair.

"We have to go to the police, Summer. Do you know what he looked like? Did he hurt you?"

"No, he just grabbed me and tried to get me...in his um car. But i got away. It's fine we don't have to," I said.

"Luke!? Luke! Are you home?" yelled a voice. Luke groaned and released me and sat up right on the couch. I did the same and took a look around the room we were in. It seemed to be a living room, that no one actually 'lived' in. Everything was untouched and in place. No creases in the couch, no specks of dust on the glass coffee table, not even a little patch of dirt on the rug. A man appeared in the room who looked about the age of 40 or so. He wore a suit and tie. and a bluetooth in his left ear.

"Oh, I didn't know you had company over," said the man noticing me, "Hello, I'm Mr. Somers, Luke's Uncle, you can call me Dave," he said. I nodded my head and smiled.

"I'm Summer, nice to meet you,"

"Um, Luke your father called," said Dave to Luke. Luke didn't even look up at Dave. The word 'father' obviously bothered him.

"Um, can we talk about this later? I got to take Summer home," he shuffled in his seat and pulled me closer to him as comfort. I grabbed his hand and squeezed tightly making sure he was okay. Dave crossed his arms across his chest and shifted from foot to foot. He nodded an 'okay' and left us alone.

I turned to him and brushed the hair out of his face.

"You okay?" I asked. He leaned in close and planted a soft peck on my cheek.

"Yea babe, don't worry," he cooed, " Come on let's get you home."

*8 minutes later*

"Alright, call me later," he said. I nodded and opened the car door.

"Wait," he said. I turned my head to look at him. He yanked a fistful of hair and pulled me into his lips. I was a bit caught off guard. He gingerly moved his lips against mine, nothing like what happened in the car. He was so rough before, but now he was passionate and caring. I pulled my lips off of his and stared into his eyes. He wanted more but I had to go.

"I-um-bye," I said, pecked his forehead, and left the car.

* * *

"I don't want you living there Summer, I've told you this a million times and you still won't listen to me," Erin complained modeling a dress she had tried on in the mirror. She twirled around in the dress making sure if she twirled the dress did not fly up. I shook my head.

"I know you don't Erin, but I have nowhere else to go. I can't go back there. It's the worst she's ever been...and you know I have no family here. And I can't stay at your house so I'm stuck with Steven..." I said pushing the clothes I already looked at to the side. I was scouring through the clearance rack while fighting with Erin.