Chapter 8:(New)

Chapter 8

“Here, take this,” said Steven in a hushed whisper. He held out a medicine cup with bright red liquid in it. I hated drinking medicine, I always threw it up. I looked at the medicine with disgust and wrinkled my nose. I told Steven that I wouldn’t be going to school because I felt like I was coming down with a cold. But the real reason was I couldn’t face Luke after what happened in the car yesterday. What if he wanted to talk about what happened? What if he just ignored it and act like nothing ever happened? Should I ask him what he did to me? I didn’t dare tell anyone. I had no idea what to tell anyone even if I tried.

How would I explain thing I didn’t even know?

Luke undressed me in his car and…what happened?

I reached for the cup shakily. He glared at my hand and snatched the cup of medicine out of my reach.

“Here, you’re liable to drop it with those hands. Open up,” he said motioning the cups towards my mouth. I rolled my eyes and pushed his chest with my hand. He didn’t budge.

“I’m not a baby, Steven,” I mumbled pouting; I slipped my hands back under the blanket and played with my fingers.

“You are a baby, baby,” he said kissing the tip of my nose. I winced as he kissed my nose. He stared at me with admiring eyes; he raised his hand to touch my face. The back of his hand slowly glided up and down my cheek making me shiver under the blanket. Thankfully he didn’t notice I didn’t want him to know he made me shudder. I really wanted to know where Steven and I stood. Did we both like each other? Were we going to be a couple? I knew I had feelings towards Steven, but I didn’t want to make the first move or anything. Plus, I didn’t know what was going on with Luke either.

As I was mesmerized by Steven’s golden eyes my lips parted a bit. He quickly and sneakily pushed the cups to my lips, titled it, and forced the medicine down my mouth. The red liquid slowly slithered down my throat burning. I pursed my lips and waved my hands in the air angrily. Gosh, that was disgusting!

“You tricked me,” I whined not looking at him.

“I’m going to go now; my father is working from home today if you need anything. Alright?” he asked. I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around him. His arms enveloped around my body and squeezed tightly. I let go and fell back asleep.

*Steven’s P.O.V*

I dialed my locker combination into my lock and swung open my locker. Crumpled up pieces of late homework, Tupperware containers, and pencil shavings decorated the inside of my locker. I shoved the textbooks in my left hand into my locker messily and slammed it shut before they all fell out.  I turned away from my locker and saw a familiar pretty blonde girl I used to call mine coming my way. Erin. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, did I say butterflies? I meant to say angry wasps. The floor suddenly became the most interesting thing in the world to me. I barely saw her around school and she was walking this way. I had no idea how to react. I saw her pink flats stop right in front of mine. The tips of our shoes were almost touching which made me nervous. I slowly lifted my head to find her standing in front of me with her arms crossed tightly across her chest. Her full pink lips were pursed and her eyes were narrow like cat eyes. I stood there looking at her waiting for her to talk.

“I hear Summer is living with you,” she said with an angry tone. You could almost see the jealousy in her brown eyes.

“Yea, but I swear nothing is going on between us,” I said waving my hands in front of me innocently. She heaved a sigh and popped her hip out to the side.

“I don’t want here there. You need to get her out,” she said shakily. How could she say that? We weren’t even together…why was she telling me she didn’t want Summer living with me? The lunch bell rang. Both of our eyes wandered around the empty hallway, we were alone.