Chapter 7:(New)

Chapter 7

Steven’s P.O.V

I popped another piece of buttered popcorn in my mouth and shifted into the couch. I glanced at the glowing green light on the cable box, it was 11:57. This was usually how I spent my nights. I was a little bit of an insomniac. Ya know, I never sleep. I’ve always been since I was little. I usually stayed up late and ate popcorn and watched a movie. Thank god for Netflix, tonight’s pick was The Dark Knight. I loved Marvel and DC movies. Little bit of a comic book nerd. Batman was on the highway with his motorcycle chasing down the Joker. The doorbell rang interrupting the scene. I grabbed the remote and paused the movie irritated.

I opened the door to find Thomas Geller holding Summer bridal style. She was passed out in his arms with her mouth gaped open wide. Anger washed over me and I had a very strong urge to punch a wall. Or better, go to wherever Luke was and punched him right in the face. He never took care of her when she was with him.

“Um here I guess,” He said holding out Summer for me to carry. I ignored his gesture and started to question him.

“You’re not going to tell me why the hell she’s passed out? And where the hell is Luke?” I hissed. He looked down at the ground nervously biting down on his lip. He shrugged and then opened his mouth.

“She got drunk and…I don’t know where Luke is. We…um found her on the ground passed out,” he said shakily. I gazed down at her and took her into my arms.

“Um thanks for bringing her,” I said and shut the door in his face. I brought her to the couch and laid her down gently. I stared at her face; she looked so vulnerable and peaceful when she was sleeping. How could he let her get so drunk and pass out on the ground by herself? I had no idea why she kept on going out with him. She deserved so much better than him. Why couldn’t she see that I was better for her? She should stay home with me and watch movies and I don’t know maybe not get drunk! Every single damn time she was with him he never takes care of her!

“Where am I?” she grumbled. I turned to look at her; she shifted on the couch and slipped out of the blanket. She rubbed her eyes repeatedly and looked at me and smiled.

“Hey,”

“Hey,”

She held out her arms to me wanting me in them. Well I couldn’t pass up that opportunity now can I? I reluctantly nodded my head and climbed into the couch again. I climbed under the blanket with her and noticed she smelled of a lot of alcohol. Every time she breathed my nose would tickle because of how strong it was. I just ignored it and ran my fingers through her hair and started to drift asleep.

*Next Morning*

“Wakey! Wakey! Sunshine!” chirped my mother’s annoying voice. I really wish she was an alarm clock so I could shut her off! I groaned and hugged Summer a little tighter making her squeak.

“Wake kids! Ya have school!” she sang. Shit…I totally forgot break was over today and school started up again. I pulled the blanket off of me and Summer which reminded me why didn’t my mom question why we were sleeping on the couch together? She was those types of mothers that didn’t want a girl and me in a room with the door closed. Summer gripped her head and groaned in pain. Ah, she was probably having a really bad hangover. I tapped her on the shoulder and hopped over her landing on the ground in front of my mother.

“I’ll go get you some medicine,” I said. She nodded and I left. I wandered into the kitchen looking for some Advil or Tylenol. I rummaged around in one of the cupboards and spotted a bottle behind some cough syrup. I grabbed the bottle, poured 4 out, and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.