Chapter 7

"I'm sure that you understand why you're here, mr Malfoy." Draco's least favorite professor asked him. "if you don't, let me explain. Voldemort made a werewolf bite you, so he could punish your father as much as possible. He would have used you as a weapon, and trust me when I say that you don't want that."

"I understand, professor McGonagall." Draco muttered, the only reason for his  good behavior was his mother's firm grip on his wrist. His eyes were fixed on his wand, that Moody had taken from him, since Draco apparently weren't trusted. 

"Fair enough," Draco thought. "It's not like I wouldn't hex them if I had the change. But I'm not stupid enough to do it when there's twenty of them."

"I'm sure you also understand why you can't go around talking about The Order." McGonagall continued. "You can't under any circumstances tell anyone anything about us. That won't only be dangerous for us, but for you as well, since Voldemort would be able to find you and your mother."

"But our main concern is us. If anyone who's on Voldemort's side finds out where our Headquarters is... Well, we don't want that." Moody took over and pulled out his wand. Draco gave his mother a worried look, and she squeezed his hand in a attempt to calm her son. "We need you to make a Unbreakable vow."

"What?" Draco spat out in shock. He looked around at the faces, some he recognized and some he didn't. He finally deiced that McGonagall was the most trustworthy one in the room, so he searched for some kind of understanding in her eyes. "That's forbidden on minors. You can get sent to Azkaban for it."

"We know, Mr Malfoy." McGonagall said, her lips pursed. "But going to Azkaban would be better than having Lord Voldemort regaining his power and once again spreading horror through the world" Her nostrils seemed to expand more and more  as she spoke.

"The Ministry isn't a part of the order. They know that we exist, at least according to what we've heard, but they doesn't know anything else about us. The Order doesn't always follow the laws, and that's a risk we're willing to take." Lupin explained from the end of the table.

"We're not a big fans of the ministry, let's be honest." Black spoke up,  and looked around at the members. "We don't care what they have to say about our... activities." 

Draco wasn't sure what to answer to any of that, so he looked at his mother instead.

"Mother, I don't want to."

"'I don't want to'" Moody mocked and made a sound that sounded like growling in Draco's ears. "Listen here, young mister Malfoy. Life isn't fair. I thought you would have realized that by now. You didn't only get bitten be a werewolf, no something far worse happened. Lord Voldemort himself ordered a werewolf to bit you. He wants you to be one of his pets you see, his pet werewolf. He tortures all of his pets so much that each full moon they'll do everything he tells them to. I'm not sure how much you know about werewolf's, but I'm pretty sure that you know that they usually don't take orders. I want you to imagine how much he must torture each werewolf for them to be so scared of him, that they'll do what he says."

Moody made a paus to let the words sink in. Draco just stared at the table, not daring to look Moody in the eyes. He didn't want to admit it, but he knew what Moody was saying was true.

"If you want to deal with that, that's fine by me. I don't know you, and I don't care if you die or not. If you refuse to make the Vow, then please do us all a favor and just walk out of here. But if you do, you'll suffer a faith that's worse than death. Ten times worse. Or you can stop being a idiot." He glared at Malfoy with both his eyes, forcing Draco to look at him. "I'd recommend the later one."

Once again, silence filled the room. The silence was so thick that it gave Draco unpleasant feeling that everyone in the room could hear his heartbeat. Draco sighed and look up at McGonagall again.