Let's Kill Tonight ~ Chapter Eight

Draco felt light headed as he found himself being sucked out of Rebecca’s memories and thoughts, back into the Room of Requirement. The girl herself was sat on the floor opposite, her knees drawn up to her chest, her face hidden, as though the flashbacks had caused her an enormous amount of pain.

 Lowering himself down beside her, Draco felt sickeningly light headed. He’d never used Legilimecy on anyone but himself before, and certainly not that extent. He had felt all of the emotions that Rebecca had been through while watching those memories. The fear, the anger, the upset.

Rather off character, he found himself wrapping an arm around Rebecca, pulling her into a tight hug.

Rebecca gasped at his forwardness, but quickly gave in and buried her head in Draco’s jumper, breathing in his scent. She instantly felt more secure, the way his body pressed into her own, the way she could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck.

 “Are you ok?” he asked finally, his tone of voice hushed and soft.

She pulled away from their embrace, but stayed close enough to him that she could still feel the heat of his skin. “Yes, thank you,” she replied, her voice hoarse. “Listen, I don’t care what you think of me after seeing all that, but believe me when I say this, I never meant to kill Leon.”

Draco frowned and shook his head. “I knew Leon, from when he used to attend the Death Eater meetings with my father. He was an absolute git, back then and to you. He deserved it, and if I’m honest, I’m proud of you. If anything, seeing that has made me think better of you.”

“Better?” Rebecca echoed in dismay, her eyes wide.

“Well, before I’d met you, I’d imagined you to be some rebellious, tough girl who only wanted to be a Death Eater for the fame,” He gave her a sheepish smile, “but now I know that’s not true.”

Rebecca’s eyes flashed indignantly. “I never wanted to become a Death Eater at all; but I had to protect my family.”

“I know how that feels,” Draco murmured, his voice distant.

Rebecca let out a shaky sigh and leant her head on Draco’s shoulder, grasping his hand in hers.

“Becky,” he whispered.

A smile swept across Rebecca’s face as she laughed, tilting her head up to see Draco’s face. “I haven’t been called that in a while...” she stopped, realising why he’d used that nickname. “Wait, what other memories did you see?!”

He smirked and looked away, trying hard to remain poker faced. “Now that would be telling.”

“Tell me!” Rebecca pleaded, thumping him lightly in the shoulder.

“Well, I know you approve of the skinny jeans I’m wearing today. In fact, I’d say your thoughts on them were somewhat passionate.”

Rebecca groaned and buried her face into his jumper again.

Draco smiled down at her happily, but he couldn’t get something out of his mind. A small doubt, something that was probably not true, about Daphne Greengrass and what she’d been saying to Pansy in Potion’s lesson. “Becky... Can I ask you a question?”

“Even if I said no, you’d ask me it anyway.”

“True,” Draco mused. “In your memories you mentioned Leon’s... erm... lover.”

Rebecca looked up at him sharply, but Draco continued, despite the fact he could see she didn’t want to talk about it.

“You mentioned to him that she had a name beginning with ‘A’. What was her name?”