Let's Kill Tonight ~ Chapter Six

“What took you so long? I’m practically dying of boredom,” Rebecca moaned impatiently from the sofa upon hearing the Room of Requirement door open.

“My apologies,” Draco replied from somewhere out of sight.

Rebecca sat up straight, waiting for him to find his way to her. However when Draco appeared, she realised he wasn’t alone. A tall, dark-skinned boy stood beside him, an almost smug grin on his face.

Draco gave her a guilty grin, deciding to give the two an introduction. “Rebecca, this is Blaise, Blaise, well you know who Rebecca is...”

“Of course,” he chided. “You really are a bad girl aren’t you?”

Rebecca raised her eyebrows, unimpressed, and turned to Draco. “You told him everything?”

Draco nodded, patting Blaise on the shoulder. “Yeah, but he won’t tell anyone.”

“Cross my heart and hope to die,” Blaise winked playfully, sitting down beside Rebecca.

“Hmm, that can be arranged,” Rebecca laughed, standing up to leave the two boys; it was almost time for her lesson. “Oh, Draco, I almost forgot, Professor Trelawney was in here earlier. Hiding her sherry bottles by the looks of it. I thought you could do with a heads up.”

“Thanks,” Draco said, not really appearing to be too bothered. He stuck out his hand and touched Rebecca’s collar lightly. “I’d better clean that off for you. Impressions count here at Hogwarts. We don’t want you to be known as the punch bag, now, do we?”

Rebecca looked down at her shirt. She’d completely forgotten about the blood on it, which was now dry. “Oh, yeah, sure.”

Draco pointed his wand at her collar and gave Rebecca a reassuring smile before whispering the words “Tergeo.”

The blood stain slowly disappeared, restoring Rebecca’s collar back to it’s original white colour. She smiled gratefully at the boy before leaving him and Blaise to go and find the greenhouses for her least favourite lesson – Herbology.

~

“Miss Rosewood, if you’ll sit next to Neville Longbottom there in the third row,” Professor Sprout pointed a dirty finger at the allocated seat.

Rebecca slid herself onto the bench next to a cheeky-looking round faced boy, who seemed pleased that she was next to him. She shot a sweet smile at him before returning her attention back to the front of the class.

“Now everyone. Today I need you all to start repotting the mandrakes. You’ll each need a pair of earmuffs...” Professor Sprout began throwing earmuffs on the desks.

Rebecca smiled as a pair of pink fluffy ones slid in front of her. She tied back her curls into a high ponytail and put them on.

“Very charming,” Hermione mouthed at her silently from across the classroom.

“...and spare pots. When you’ve taken the mandrake out, throw some dragon dung compost in a new pot, and push the mandrake down on top. Everyone got that? Right. Earmuffs on. Let’s get started.”

Rebecca went to grab the mandrake plant’s purplish green leaves, but Neville grabbed her hand and stopped her from touching it. He shook his head and signalled for her to watch him. She looked on as he instead grabbed the stalk, pulling out the mature mandrake. Rebecca hurriedly shoved some dragon dung in a new pot and handed it to him as he thrust the plant into it, hushing its ear splitting cry.  Neville gave her an approving nod, and they moved onto the next plant.