Chapter 7:

Chapter 7:

My mind began to spin. Was what she was telling me true? Or was she just trying to scare me?

I shook my head. "Love, this can't be real," I choked out.

She stood, grabbed my hand, and dragged me to the back door. She threw it open and cold air rushed in, making me shiver. "This might be a lot to take in, but please, please don't run away from this," she said, looking up at me with pleading brown eyes.

I sighed and looked around at the darkened forest behind her house, wanting to go back inside and just watch a movie, or something besides being out here in the cold.

"Tanner, please," she said, her voice shaking slightly.

I looked down at her and sighed. "I won't," I finally said. I hoped deep inside that she was still just trying to scare me and that none of this was real. Something in my stomach began to churn as she took a few steps back, putting distance between us.

She shivered once, and then her body began to do incredible things. Her bones shifted, her spine cracked, her fair skin turned black, and as she looked up at me with those beautiful, beautiful brown eyes, I saw that what was happening before me wasn't just a playful prank. It was real and I watched in horror as my darling love fell to her hands and knees, and went from the harmless student I was so used to seeing, to a creature with pitch black fur.

She watched me carefully as I watched her brown eyes slowly change to a deep, intense blue that pierced right into my heart. I took half a step forward, studying her. She looked almost exactly like a regular wolf, except for how intelligent she looked as she watched me. Her body was foreign to me, and even though her ice blue eyes that were once brown put me off, I could still see Marie behind them, hoping that I wouldn't leave. "Marie..." I whispered.

She whimpered and wagged her tail warily.

I sat down on the cold grass and just looked at her. Was this really what my darling turned into? Or was this just a crazy dream I was having?

She slowly walked up to me and I remained there. She stopped just a couple feet from me and looked me over. She took a half step forward and licked at my hand. I stretched it slowly out to her and she licked it. Somehow, this was like her kisses. Soft, tender, harmless, and caring. I reached my other hand out to her and lightly touched her black fur.

Noticing what I was doing, she stepped closer to me and allowed me to wrap my fingers in it. It sent chills down my spine, but at the same time it comforted me. This creature was my love, my world; I could never leave. As I continued to look at her, I began to see her differently. She held an air of power, strength, and danger, yet she also seemed innocent, harmless, and sweet. The slight wind picked up and I could smell the faint scent of oak trees that she carried with her.

She leaned her head into my chest and I stroked her fur, feeling relaxed and perfectly okay with the fact that my darling love was this creature, this beautiful, wild, strange creature. I buried my face in her fur and twined my fingers in it, holding her to me. Her hot breath went through my jacket, shirt, and finally to my skin.

At that very moment, I felt accepting of everything in the world. The fact that our love had chains that prevented a bond that could only make us stronger; me being her teacher and not being able to hold her every second of the day; and now the fact that my whole world had just taken a new turn that could possible change everything I ever knew.

Sorry for the short chapter. I wasn't sure how to continue this, so I just left it as it is. Hope you guys like it!!

Huggles,

Rainbow ;)