[2.07]

[CLOUD CITY]

"The ship is almost finished. Two or Three more things and we're in great shape. Octavia, you did a great job." Han said, smiling at her. Leia and Octavia had been given a room together, and new clothes. She had taken them gratefully, but would not let them touch her coat.
"That is the first time you've ever complimented me, Solo, thank you." Octavia laughed.
"The sooner we get out of here the better. Something's wrong here. No one has seen or knows anything about Threepio. He's been gone too long to have gotten lost." Leia said. Octavia rolled her eyes.
"Threepio is a little ditzy, don't worry." Octavia said.
"I'm going for a walk." Leia said, running a hand through her hair. "I'll see if I can find him." Leia walked out, and Han sat on one of the white couches. Octavia sat down too, resting on him. She rested her head on his shoulder and he pressed a small kiss onto her head.
"What was that?" She asked, looking up at him.
"Nothing." He replied. Their faces were only centimetres apart.
"It was something."
"No, I swear it was nothing."
"Solo, you kissed me on the head, I don't think that counts as nothing."
"No, I didn't, it was nothing." He denied adamantly. Octavia shook her head in disbelief.
"I can't believe you." She muttered, standing up. "I'm going to go find Leia." As she stood up, smoothing own the pants she had on, the door slid open, there was Chewie, Leia and Threepio, who was in pieces.
"What happened?" Octavia asked. Chewie set the case on a table, grunting and groaning an explanation. "Where? Found him in a junk pile?" Octavia almost laughed. "Now I really do get to call him garbage." She laughed.
"Oh, what a mess. Chewie, do you think you can repair him?" Leia ignored Octavia's comments and looked at the Wookiee. He studied the array of robot parts with a confused look. He looked at Leia and shrugged sadly.
"Lando's got people who can fix him." Han suggested.
"No, thanks." Leia said. There was a buzz, and the door slid open, revealing Lando.
"I'm sorry. Am I interrupting anything?" He asked.
"Not really." Octavia said, throwing a look at Leia.
"You look absolutely beautiful. You truly belong here with us among the clouds." Lando flirted with Leia, and everyone could see it. Octavia glared at him, wishing she had something more than just her knives with her. She had left her blaster on the ship.
"Thank you." Leia said, coolly.
"Will you join me for a little refreshment?" He asked. Octavia raised an eyebrow. Han looked at Lando suspiciously, but Chewie barked at the mention of food and licked his lips. "Everyone's invited, of course." Lando clarified. Leia took Lando's arm, and the group turned to go. As Octavia moved away from the table, Lando spotted Threepio.
"Having trouble with your droid?" He asked. Han and Octavia exchanged a quick glance.
"No. No problem. Why?" Han said.

[CORRIDORS
CLOUD CITY]

Leia walked between Han and Lando as Chewie and Octavia followed them a short distance behind. Long shafts of light poured across the corridors between tall, pure white columns.
"So you see, since we're a small operation, we don't fall into the... uh... jurisdiction of the Empire." He said, looking a little nervous.
"So you're part of the mining guild then?" Leia asked.
"No, not actually. Our operation is small enough not to be noticed... which is advantageous for everybody since our customers are anxious to avoid attracting attention to themselves." Lando replied, Octavia noticed how worried he looked at turned to Han, but he was too deep in conversation to notice. The group walked into another corridor and headed for a huge doorway at the far end.
"Aren't you afraid the Empire's going to find out about this little operation and shut you down?" Han asked, and Octavia could sense something bad was going to happen, and soon.
"That's always been a danger looming like a shadow over everything we've built here. But things have developed that will ensure security. I've just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever." Octavia was now tugging at Chewie, but he was too focused on the idea of food to notice her panic. The mighty doors to the dining room slid open and the group entered the dining room. At the far end of a huge banquet table sat Darth Vader. Octavia bit back a scream. Standing at his side and slightly behind him was Boba Fett, the bounty hunter who had been after her since she could remember. That's it, I'm done for. She thought. Faster than the light speed, Han drew his blaster and popped off a couple of shots directly at Vader. Octavia pulled her knife out of her boot, and stood defensively between Vader and Leia, her knife pointed at him. She could feel the force flowing through him. The masked man quickly raised his hand, deflecting the bolts into one of the side walls, where they exploded harmlessly. Just as quickly, Han's weapon flew into Vader's hand. The evil presence calmly placed the gun on the table in front of him.
"We would be honoured if you would join us." His voice sounded raspy.
"I would be honoured if you would piss off." Octavia replied, not thinking straight. Now, Octavia is a brave girl, reckless even, but not even Han could have predicted she would tell Darth Vader, the most evil presence in the Galaxy, to piss off, she surprised even herself with her words. Han gave Lando a mean look.
"I had no choice. They arrived right before you did. I'm sorry." Lando said.
"I'm sorry, too." Han spat.