Mission Plans

Kanan's POV

I woke up to sunlight steaming though the windows. Sitting up, I stretched out and looked beside me. Hera was gone! I threw the covers off of me and jumped out of bed. I slid down the stair rail and hit the ground running. I controlled my breathing and smelled something familiar. Waffles! My favorite! I walked into the kitchen and saw Hera cooking breakfast. I stood in the doorway, subconsciously stoking my beard. I watched her moving around, grabbing this, stirring these, pouring that. She turned around to get in the pantry and finally noticed me. She jumped in the air and grabbed the nearest thing to her, which happened to be a metal pan. I backed away and held my hands up in surrender.

"Hera, chill. You don't have to go all Twi'lek secret, stealth, Jedi, Sith, ninja on me."

"Oh, Kanan. You scared me." she explained.

"Noticed." I said faintly. "You look pretty dangerous with that pan. You mind putting it down."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot I still had it in my hand. Yeah." she said as she put it down.

I wondered why she seemed so distracted and I looked down at the floor, thinking that I was standing in something. Well, there was, but it was not what I thought it was. I suddenly became very self-conscious after I noticed that I had forgotten to put my shirt back on.

"Oh, yeah... right..." I muttered, seeing as I might have forgotten that part of my morning routine trying to find Hera.

"Well, I think it is a nice look for you. I makes you look..." she said, probably imagining something that I really didn't want to know.

I started to turn back upstairs to get my shirt and put it back on, but Hera stopped me by saying, "Wait! Breakfast is ready."

I sighed and walked to the table, where she was busy stacking the waffles on the plates. Why we were having breakfast around three in the afternoon, I have no idea. We had gotten to bed around five in the morning though. She passed me a plate and looked at me like she was going to say something. After a few moments of awkward silence, she finally said what was on her mind. "Kanan, look. I am really sorry for what happened last night, I really am. I don't know what came over me. I honestly wanted to believe that you weren't cheating on me. Well, not saying that our relationship is official or anything, not that I would... anyways. So I made breakfast to kind of make up for what I did and how I overreacted. I'm sorry."

She looked at me with a sad look in her eyes that said she was truly sorry. That, and her Force signature was radiating beams of sorrow. "I understand, Hera. I really do. I am also sorry. I know I shouldn't have done what I did, but the past can not be erased or changed. Only the future can do that. I plan to do that in the future. I only know two things. One is that I am so sorry for what I have done. What I have done to hurt you, what am probably going to do to hurt you in the future, and how bad I hurt you. The second is that, well, I love you, Hera. More than you will ever know. I will always love you, and I loved you ever since the first time I set eyes on you. But when I first saw you, it was different from all of the others. Something that felt different, something that had changed. I loved you. Hera, we can be just more than allies, friends, or whatever you want to call what we are. Will you accept my offer? Do you even feel the same way?" I finished.

Hera's POV

That was surprising. I know that Kanan and I had feelings for each others. I know that Kanan had grown more comfortable around me ever since we first meet, but this was just downright unexpected. He really doesn't open up like that. Correction: He never opens up like that. Yes, I know that he has been through all kinds of stuff like the Great Jedi Purge, seeing his master killed, all of that. I know that he has to keep his identity safe so others don't find out his big secret. But to me, that doesn't mean that you can share anything with the person that is providing you shelter and the person that loves and trusts you the most. I thought for a couple minutes about what I was going to say, whilst eating my waffles. Then reaching a decision, I put both of my hands around the table. "Kanan," I said. He looked up with his face stuffed full of food. "Yes? Am I in trouble by any chance?" came his muffled reply. I couldn't help myself. I started laughing. "I'll take that as a 'no' then." he muttered.

When I stopped, I stared at him. "I say your name, and you are already scared. You didn't even know what I was going to say!"

"Well then, carry on." was his sarcastic reply.

"What I was going to say is that, well, I honestly feel the same way about you. I guess that is why I was so upset last night. After we kissed earlier and then you go and..."

"I understand. So, are we official?" he asked.

"Yes, we are." I replied, finally glad to make our flirt and desert game official. "Let's clean up the dishes and put the stuff away so we can go over our plan to get the intel."

We got up from our seats and gathered the dishes. Kanan handed me the dishes to wash, while he cleaned off the stove and table. Once we were finished, we went to the living room and sat down on the couch. I pulled out a holodisk. Setting it on the table, I turned it on, and it showed two planets, Garel and Kiros. "This is Garel and Kiros. We need to get intel from Garel and sneak it onto Kiros." I zoomed in the image to Garel and the space around the planet. The Imperial presence on Garel is heavy, but spread out. The guard around the atmosphere is light. Civilian transports, a couple of Imperial fighters. That's about it. We can mask our signature and get in fine. Once we get in, we might have a bit of a problem. We are going to put the Ghost in the spaceport. There's an Imperial base near the spaceport that we are going to have to infiltrate to get the intel Fulcrum needs. We need to sneak on the base and steal the intel. Wow, ok, that was obvious. Anyways, the base has four floors. The intel that we need is on the third floor. There are trooper patrols on all of the floors and on the outside of the base. The patrols come around every twenty minutes. We should be able to get in and out of the base in the time that it would take two rounds of patrols. We need cable guns to scale the walls around the base and if you don't have any dark cloths, we need to get you some. Anyways, we will hide from the security lights and wait in the shadows until the patrol goes around the wall. Then, we'll go and have Chopper hack the door. We go in and take the elevator up to the third floor. We'll have Chopper download the information from the bases computer and then get out of there. Hopefully, we will get in and out with no troubles. Questions?"

Kanan shook his head and smiled. "Fun." he said.

I smiled too. I have no idea why. I leaned towards Kanan and whispered, "So now, when we go places, I can call you my boyfriend."

"Yes, you can, Hera."

He leaned towards me and gave me a peck on the check. I smiled and said, "Mission starts tomorrow. We should get extra rest, seeing as we didn't get much sleep last night."

He nodded and lowered himself into the cushions of the couch and put his hands behinds his head. He seemed at peace for once and I really didn't want to spoil it. I came down right beside him and put my head on his chest. "You know you still don't have a shirt on, right?"

"Yep. And I am perfectly comfortable with that." he commented.

I moved closer to his head as he pulled me closer to him. "I love you, Hera."

"I love you too, Kanan."

He turned me to face him and started leaning in close. Lost in the moment, I leaned in too and pressed my lips to his. We kissed back and forth, with all of our love and care for each other. Later, we broke apart. His face was still close to mine and I could feel his warm breath against my face. He started to stroke my lekku, which he knew was my weakness in getting me to fall asleep. I tried to fight it but sleep took over.

This is what always happens between the missions. Love and romance, then the missions happen, and things happen. I have known people that have had that happen in their lives, and their love and relationships broke apart. I have know other people that have also been in that situation, and their bond grew stronger. So which one will we be? The one that breaks apart, or the one that stays together? Only time will tell...