"Secret Weapon"

Hera's POV

I flipped the switch to my 'secret weapon' and smiled at Kanan. He had no idea what was coming for him... nor did the Imperials. I then answered the incoming call from the Star Destroyer.

"Freighter, be prepared to be scanned for life forms. You are cleared for trade between Lothal and Hoth, correct?"

"That is correct, sir."

I waited a few moments then my reply of, "You have two life forms. Just like you are cleared for. You may land."

I ended the transmission. I looked at Kanan with a smug smile on my face. On the other hand, he looked like somebody had just burned him with a really good comeback that he couldn't comeback again. It was priceless. I burst out laughing.

"Is that how you look all of the time when you lose to me."

"Um...how in all of the galaxy did you do that?"

"It's called a signature cloak. It hides the actual signature of the Ghost and fills it I with random preprogrammed information. Like the one that I activated for the Imperials says that we are are Correlian freighter 5237-75673. We are cleared for travel between Lothal and Anoat. The maximum crew size is four.

He looked stunned. "Wow. Where'd you get that beauty?"

"Off of a friend on Lothal." I replied.

"Where is Lothal. I've never heard of it before."

"Lothal is an outer rim territory, just like Anoat. It's mostly a plain planet. Just a bunch of fields. Apparently it was a newly discovered planet after the Empire became the Empire. The Empire has taken to protecting it seriously. I don't see why though. It's not that mineral rich or anything. Just a grassy planet."

He looked out at the rusty dirt planet that we were landing on and remained silent. We glided in the air and landed in the spaceport. We walked out of the Ghost. I told Chopper to keep an eye out and if anything happened to contact me immediately. As we walked throughout the spaceport, staring at a young artist, who was spray painting the wall. I held Kanan back and told him to look. We drew closer and watched as the artist, a female I could tell, worked on her project. I stopped staring at the art and looked at the creator. She was short and young. I would guess she was about the age twelve to fourteen. She had blue hair at the roots, but as it extended outward, it got to a shade of vibrant purple. As the artist finished her work, she ran away towards a person leaning against a wall before the Imperial ground troops noticed. I looked at what it said. LOOK OUT BUCKETHEADS! There was a cartoon picture of a stormtrooper slipping in green paint, covered in orange, yellow, and purple paint over their gleaming white armor. I laughed.

"That girl could be a rebel one day." I told Kanan.

He laughed with me. After we got to where the shipment of credits and toxins were being shipped out, we looked at our surroundings. There was a tall building, the usual Imperial structure, with TIE fighters and troop transports all over the yard. There were two watchtowers that looked over the docking bay.

"Alright. Here's the plan. You go over to the watchtowers and disable them. They have a weak pillar, so you should be able to knock them over with the military explosives they have around here. I will go over to the ship where the stuff is being unloaded. I'll take out the escort and Chopper will bring the Ghost over. You'll meet me back over at the ship and help me load this stuff into the cargo bay. Then we take off. Sounds good?"

"Yeah. One question. How will the Imperials not know that the ship is coming?"

I face palmed. He could be so stupid sometimes. "Because," I whispered, "when you knock out the towers, you kill the communications and the scanners."

"Oh..."

Realization dawned on his face. "Oh..."

I face palmed again. We waited outside of the range if the scanners until night and fallen, prepared to strike a blow against the Empire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We waited in the night. It was very dark, cold, and there was no moon out. A good cover for our mission. When I gave the signal, Kanan ran to the towers and stuck a few bombs that he had gathered earlier on the base. He ran back and hid behind some crates and pressed the detonator. The night sky lit up like the sun had suddenly come out. A blast of heat ripped across the area as the explosion scrapped ships, threw troopers everywhere, and smoke filled the air. The towers started groaning, and falling. The towers fell toward the Imperial base, and crushed the weapons facility, along with the command center, and the sleeping quarters. The place where the towers once stood was now a smoking crater, lined with metal. I signaled Chopper on my com and ran toward the crates I needed to acquire. I walked through the wreckage, careful not to get hurt or fall on any stray metal. I waved to Kanan with my hand and watched him come running toward me. He tripped and fell on his way. I laughed and he looked very sour after he recovered and dusted himself off. We gathered the crates to where the Ghost  was supposed to land. After a few minutes, the ship came in from the distance and landed. The docking ramp lowered and Chopper rolled out, making a victory call. I rolled my eyes and told him to help us load the crates. Once they were loaded I heard a slight but quiet movement. I looked just in time to see a stormtrooper raise his rifle and point it at me. I was stunned. The trooper was pinned under a piece of metal. I couldn't move. I was too scared to. I watched as he pulled the trigger and the crimson laser bolt came dashing toward me. As soon as I could function again, I reached for my pistol, but knew I was going to be too late.

"Kanan!" I yelled.

He turned around and took something from his belt. His reflexes were faster than and human being, as he jumped in front of me. I thought he was going to take the shot for me. Man, was I wrong.

Kanan's POV

"Kanan!" I heard Hera yell.

I turned around and jumped in front of her. Grabbing two things from my belt as I prepared to defend her. I didn't even know I did it, I was just going by instinct. I grabbed my lightsaber. It was specially built to be disguisable, so it came apart. I put the two parts together and ignited my sky blue blade. The grip was unfamiliar; I hadn't used it in so long. I fell into a form that was familiar with, no matter how long it had been since I last practiced. I deflected the bolt right back at the trooper, who was finally out of his misery. I was jumpy and sweating heavily. I turned around to Hera who had collapsed and fainted, probably from fear. I let her lie there, knowing she would wake up in a few minutes.

I turned around to look through the things we had stolen. I told Chopper to take off and set a course for dead space. He didn't seem happy to obey my orders, but he did it anyway. As the hyperdrive powered up, I looked at the things we now possessed. Three barrels of some kind of toxic substance, and two crates, one large and one small. I opened the larger one first. It contained some military grade weapons, grenades, and armor. I pried the lid off of the smaller one. It contained credits, enough to put fuel in the Ghost and feed us for a month, at least. The other thing it contained interested me. It was like the Force willed it to be there.

There was seven large journals in the crate...