CHAPTER TWELVE

Sorry, y'all, I haven't uploaded in awhile... like... a few days... WHICH IS A WHILE FOR ME! Lol, I just hope y'all like this chapter :) and enjoy it as much as I did writing it! :D 

Don't forget to VOTE!/comment/FAN!! :P

                                                                                   ~*~

The next time I awake I’m lying in a plush bed, surrounded by elegant furniture and decorations colored like the fall leaves. I try to sit up, but both of my wrists are tied to the bed. Panic wells up within me, and I thrash around in the bed in attempt to free myself. The ropes are too strong for me, though. Soon I fall limply onto the covers, breathing heavily as my eyes scan the room. The contents of my satchel have been poured onto a desk, and obviously someone has captured Sophia and Emilia too, but they don’t seem to be in this room.

My arms are stretched too far that I can’t even lean over and bite my wrist to get the rope off. Not only that, but my legs are tied together, too. Only then do I get an idea.

I manage to pull my legs underneath me so I kneel on the bedcovers, arms still immobilized by the ropes. They seem to be attached to the posts on the headboard. I yank as hard as I can with my right arm, nearly pulling it out of its socket. Fortunately, the bed cracks a little on the wood. I yank again, loosening the pole more.

My ears catch wind of a metal click on the door. Frantically I continue to jerk at the headboard unsuccessfully as the door opens and Sophia bursts in, eyes puffy and red and her cheeks moist. “Sophia, what’s going on?” I ask as she staggers over to the bed and begins to untie me.

“He- I- Emilia…” she stammers, stumbling on her own words as she frees my left hand. I’m just glad it was her and not Bennett. I was half expecting him to burst through the door.

“Spit it out,” I insist.

“He killed Emilia. I could not stop him. His magic was too powerful for me, I am so sorry!” She cries, the tears starting to form again.

“Who? Bennett?” I ask, refusing to act weak in front of her. Her breathing becomes rapid as she shakes her head, closing her eyes and sniffling loudly.

“No! I do not know who. I narrowly escaped,” she crawls over to the other side and frees my other hand and rushes over to gather the papers and materials, stuffing them in Trey’s satchel while I untie my feet. “He thinks I am outside right now and will soon realize I came here. We must hurry,” she reaches for my hand, holding a few stray papers in her other hand with the satchel strapped around her shoulder.

I reach her as she darts through the door of the room, dragging me with her. She suddenly slaps a hand over my mouth and her own when a large slam! sounds below. “Where is that freakish bitch!” Someone screams, their booming voice echoing down the halls. I can tell Sophia is on the verge of tears once more as she starts back down the halls toward another set of doors.

His boots sound on the stairs not too far away as Sophia whispers something under her breath and unlocks a door within seconds, thrusting me inside and following after me, closing the door soundlessly behind.

The man continues to curse his way down the halls, inching toward our room as Sophia and I back away deeper into the dark room. My hands feel for the wall, finally reaching it and glancing toward the stain glass window not far from where we stand in the shadows. “Come out come out wherever you are…” his taunting voice sends shivers down my spine as the door opens, casting a line of light down the center of the room, scarcely missing my feet.