CHAPTER SEVEN

Thanks everyone if you have read this far in my book!! I hope you've enjoyed it to this point because it's going to get better! :D 

Before I continue on with the book, I'd like to make a special thanks to TIANAJADE for creating the cover to my book :) I LOVE IT and I hope y'all do too!! :P

And I warn you, this is the longest chapter yet! Yay!! From now on they should all be somewhere around this length, just to warn y'all haha! :)

Vote/comment/fan!! :D

                                                                             ~*~

Once up the steps, we realize she followed us up. She carries a large set of keys that open every door. I hesitantly clear my throat. “Mother Morde?” I start.

“Yes, darling,” her voice sounds happy, but I will not be fooled.

“May I stay in Trey’s room until our chores are assigned for the day?” I ask, and she considers this for a moment.

“Brothers and sisters are not allowed in the same room,” she reminds me.

“Yes, but I must care for his wound he received when sitting at the table. A nail was sticking out of the wood and scared him,” I explain.

“I suppose so, then,” she unlocks his door and opens it.

“Thank you, mother,” I smile up at her, and she smiles back, though her eyes don’t.

She locks the door after us, and I breath a sigh of relief that she bought the lie. I thought she was going to ask to view Trey’s wound, but she didn’t.

His room is not much different than Wilsa’s and mine. It has the same décor except a different, handmade blanket over the bed. Trey sits upon it and turns to me. “What now?” He asks as I pace the room.

“I have to think about this,” I tell him. “How can we escape if everyone else is killed if they touch the gates?”

“Do not touch the gates, then,” he says.

“But how could she catch them so fast if she’s an older woman?” I point out.

“The gates may be enchanted,” he suggests.

“Then how does she find the people who touch the gates?” I think aloud. “She can’t have waited until the next morning to realize they were not present for breakfast because-” I stop talking when I’m about to mention Wilsa’s sister.

“The gate’s magic can link Mrs. Morde to it, so she knows the boundaries of the land.”

“That’s impossible.”

“For a mortal it is, but you are no mortal,” he reminds me. “Logical thinkers cannot process magic easily, which makes it difficult for people like you to believe it,” he explains.

“But how can we escape?”

“Kill her.” He isn’t hesitant to say it. I’m surprised to hear him speak those words, and so easily, too.

“How can you say that?” I scowl at him, and he shrugs.

“It is how Diabolos deals with things.” I have to say he does make a point.

“But I can’t kill her, you have to.”

“I cannot, I am not strong enough.”

“Yes you are. You can still walk, can’t you?” I point out, and he shrugs.