Chapter 23

[A/N] I have to write with google chrome because my bold/italics/andshit bar is gone with internet explorer. :( I would like the bold bar back, thank you. ANYWHO! This chapter is dedicated to Menzie98 for making me the adorable multimedia :D I've also just remembered that I left off in a rather serious predicament. Yes. Lettuce stray from this peppy authors note and become somber once more.

[Jay's P.O.V]

My poor boys were so broken, Harry physically and Louis quickly becoming both emotionally, mentally, and physically. He simply sat in the corner next to his husband, cuddling both Fionna and Elijah. By the time Lucca and I had allowed Louis some time alone with Harry and the babies, we'd come back into the room to find Louis sobbing brokenly into Fionna's curls while Fionna whimpered into his neck. 

From then on he'd remained silent, occasionally placing Fionna down for a few moments if he needed to change Elijah's nappy or give him a bottle, but otherwise he'd found a way to cradle Elijah with one arm and hold Fionna on his lap with the other. I'd called his friends, asking Liam if they'd watch the girls since I'd more than likely be out longer than expected, and Zayn and Chris offered to drop by, but I'd told them I'd have to talk to Louis about it first. 

Around noon, Harry still wasn't showing signs of waking, and Louis was only growing worse. After Lucca had switched Harry from an oxygen mask to nasal tubes, I dragged the doctor out of the room once more, glancing back in to make sure Louis wasn't disturbed, "Lucca Shell. Is that boy going to wake up? Because if... if he isn't... you need to tell Louis. You can't just drop it on him, you'll have to ease him into it." 

"I honestly have no idea, Jay," the man tiredly ran his hand over his bald head. "Whatever is wrong with Harry... it can't be a coma? He has no head trauma... unless it was anesthetically induced... but it wasn't. I think... Harry's body was under a lot of stress, it's trying to recover. And because of that, Harry isn't waking up." 

"But he will?" I asked hoarsely. "He'll wake up... that boy is loved by so many people. Me, his friends, my son... my son, oh God..." 

"Louis, I know," Lucca tiredly ran his hands over his face. "I'm not giving up on Harry, though, he's... he's like a son to me in a way? But don't tell him I said that..." 

"He is my son," I wiped at my eyes, trying to stop the burning as tears spilled over. "What can we do for him?"

"Wait... keep Louis and his babies calm," Lucca shrugged helplessly. "There is literally nothing wrong with him... he just has to wake up." 

Slowly, Lucca and I made our way back into the lab. Louis' eyes flitted onto us, but he was changing Elijah's nappy as Fionna clung to his sweats and nuzzle her head against his leg sadly. I walked to his side, leaning and picking up Fionna, "Love... have you eaten lunch yet?" 

He finished putting on Elijah's nappy, buttoning up his little blue onesie, "M'not hungry." 

I watched sadly as he swaddled his baby boy in a fuzzy blanket, placing him back gently in the bassinet and kissing his tiny forehead. He slipped Elijah his pacifier, gently stroking the fuzzy hair on his head before he turned and held his arms out for Fionna. She reached for him immediately, giving a heart melting croon of, "Dahey..." 

"Let's get you some food, beebee... then we will cuddle your brudder some more and-" he swallowed hard. "And we'll talk to Dada, yes?" 

"Dadadada!" Fionna screeched, twisting her head to look at Harry on the unmade bed. The lad was still so pale, more than likely naked beneath the sheet he was covered with. Her face fell, however, when Harry didn't respond, and her head slumped onto Louis' shoulder. He hurried towards the fridge with her.