Chapter 3

[A/N]: I forget how much I love writing about Harold Kitten Fluff xD This chapter is dedicated to woof_imma_panda for making me the mutlimedia :D OH AND time will also be going fast... somewhat... I'll make sure you always know what's happening, don't worry xD

[Louis' P.O.V]

By the time Fionna was nearly seven months old, she was crawling like a pro just as Dr. Shell had predicted. However, she still only said a repeated mantra of 'Dada' and babbled incomprehensibly to herself until the day she was exactly seven and a half months old. I was at the clinic with Zayn on our lunch break, discussing how Chris and Zayn had been dating for nearly just as long as Harry and I had been together. 

"Remember, we weren't necessarily dating," Zayn pointed out. "We started dating about the time that... our car accident." 

It was obvious that he had been about to mention her, but he'd narrowly avoided the touchy subject. Before I could respond, my phone was vibrating on the table in front of me, the screen illuminating Baby Kitten < 3. I snatched it up quickly, pressing it to my ear and grinning, "Hi, baby!" 

"Listen!" Harry practically shrieked, and then it was silent for a moment until I heard the familiar squeal of Fionna. 

I giggled, "Am I talking to my little Beanie Baby?" 

"Both of us," Harry croaked. "Said... she said..." 

"She said her second word?" I gasped, sitting up straighter.

"What'd she say?" Zayn asked curiously, a large grin forming on his face. 

"Can you say Daddy, little baby?" Harry cooed, and my heart clenched. 

"She said Daddy?" I whispered. "And I wasn't there to hear it!" 

"Was looking for you, I think," Harry sniffled suddenly. "Crawling around, kept wanting to go in the kitchen even though Niall is on the couch with Baxter and Liam is reading! Said Daddy! Wants you, my Louis..." 

I couldn't help it. I hadn't even heard her call me Daddy yet, but just the thought that she was looking for me made me burst into tears. Zayn cackled, "Do you need to go home, mate? I think I can handle the afternoon shift." 

"Are you sure?" I croaked, looking to him hopefully and scrubbing at my eyes pointlessly. 

"Go, Daddy," Zayn laughed. 

I nodded frantically, hurrying up and explaining to Harry, "Lovely, I'm on my way home... did you write it down in the baby book?" 

"Yes," it was obvious that the boy was crying as well. "Sea bell, my Louis." 

"Always, Kitten," I agreed. 

I drove home as fast as I dared, pulling into the driveway before I bounded up to and inside the flat. Liam was helping Baxter stand on his clumsy baby legs, and he grinned as he looked up, "Hiya, Lou! Fionna is getting a diaper change." 

Niall grinned, "You cried, didn't you?" 

"I'm sure you did, too, when Baxter said Daddy!" I kicked off my shoes and hung up my coat, glad to be out of the October wind. 

I hurried down the hall, smiling at the shrieks of protest I could hear coming from Fionna's room. The moment I slipped inside, I wrapped my arms around an unsuspecting Harry's waist, and he inhaled sharply, "Oh! Oh, my Louis! Did not hear you come in." 

"Hello, handsome," I kissed his neck, peering over his shoulder at Fionna, who was trying to grab her toes as she cooed to herself. "Hello, Daddy's baby!"