Part Five

The storm started in it's usual time accompanying loud thunderous revolts.

As I came back to them I felt the atmosphere was elevated a little.

'Let's get back inside, I did all the preparations that needed to be done. '

'What? Inside the house again? Don't you believe me? What if the ghost -'. I cut in between her words and said

'Don't worry. I called a monk . He lives a little far but he's coming on his way right now. Judging by the time he should come around here by mid-night. And besides where will we all go in this crazy storm? And look at you. Look at Emily. Both you look so tired. We can stay awake but at least put her to sleep for the time being, just until the monk arrives.'

After a short period of contemplation she agreed. she said 'Okay. Get in. But if anything happens I will never forgive you John.'

As I opened the main door and turned on the lights for them, I was  shocked. 'Mother of God...What the hell. This place is in ruins!'

'I told you so' she said.

It took us some time to at least clear the drawing room. And then we sat on the sofa. I looked at my watch. It was 10:05 pm. Emily was rubbing her eyes and said 'Dad I want to go to sleep. '

'Just wait a few minutes honey. Here at least eat these fruits before you go to bed. You must be hungry. And we don't know what will happen next. ' cried Cerina.

'Oh mommy please. I don't wanna eat these. I'm not hungry.'

'Don't argue with me now kiddo. I'm gonna go and prepare your bed cause you'll be sleeping on the ground floor  beside the drawing room today. So that we can see your room from here. Just call me if you need anything. Now when I get back, I want to see that you've finished eating what I told you too. '

'But mommy I'm scared.'

'I will come and stay with you until you fall asleep.You can even take snowy with you.'