Part Seven

We  grabbed each other's hand. At that time I felt the most useless husband, a shameful father. I was even scared to close my eyes for I imagined everything would be over in a blink of an eye then. I thought my head would crack.  I shouted  out

'Whoever you are please let us go. At least let my child ' I sobbed 'Let my child go.'

And then suddenly I felt two icy-cold  palms touching my face, I was paralyzed with horror. In front of me I could see no one but I could feel it's presence in the air, flickering in lightning. I tried to grab the hands, it was solid up to the elbow but what strength.

'Leave your daughter? But I love her. I love you too.' She said mockingly. None of us could speak.

'But I hate your wife.' She said again and I instantly felt the hands were gone but then Cerina's scream. Cerina was screaming with pain as the ghost violently clutched her hair.She was toying with her . She was slapping her.

'Leave my mommy, leave my mommy' cried Emily trying to hurt the ghost by banging on her but failed. What could she bang on? There was nothing but air.

And then suddenly  the front door opened with a jerk and a shiny peace of object travelled in the air and hit the Ghost's forehead.

'Ahhhhhh, noooooooo, '  The ghost yelled in an excruciating pain. Out of the gust her face suddenly started manifesting into a cloak of dust and tried to reach out to Cerina and then to the main door but it couldn't and  vanished before  echoing her last words 'I will come back, I will come back, I WILL come back again '