Part One

Authors note- Normal readers skip - Pictures I used for the competion are -  2 ,3 , 5 ,6 and 9

2- A little girl sleeping with her dog while a Shadowy figure watches over her from behind the curtains. (present in chap- 6 )

3- The body of a women being dematerialized. ( present in chap - 8 )

5 - An angry ghost formed of dust. ( present in chap - 7 )

6-  A ghost standing in the hallway. ( present in chap - 4 )

9- A spooky house with two guardians on its gate. ( Well the theme is integrated all over the story but the two gatekeepers appear at the last chap. Chapter 8 )

Word count -  5937

Happy reading

I am a traveller. Not by choice but by fate. Sometimes I had to stay away for days from my family but they  didn't mind at all. At least they didn't use to. I host a Reality show called 'Is it Haunted?' . The pay is handsome as the ratings are always off the charts and really while living in all those creepy houses for about a year or two I found most didn't really harbor those  so called undead. They were just some adventurous vacations for me! At the most some were the abode of some petty thieves and some were just the victim of the locals seeking outside attention.  But just when everything seems to go so well, we humans always  encounter something outside of the usual norm, something Deadly . Keeping aside from my career, on a personal note , when we decided to shift to a new house , ironically I got what I wasn't looking for in it.

The house was old but not ancient . Was the property of a  rich landlord but now the property of the goverment.Even in the daytime it seemed to be eclipsed with dismal gloom .Patches of darkness clotted inside of it and peered out through the few windows and openings.Some set foot upon it's foundation and casted shadows upon its walls but they couldn't stay for long....for some would claim that it was the home of a sinister guest. But since it went into the government's hand, it was like remade and looked anew but still couldn't  diminish the rumors. Not that I cared....Then.

'Daddy Daddy-' emily shouted out as we started unpacking our cartons in our new house. 'I so love this house.It's not at all like the previous house.It's perfect and the garden outside is really wonderful too and--  ' .

I knelt down , grabbed her gently and then kissed on her forehead and said 'Hey slow down a little ma'am. I can see how much you like this house. I like it too. But no roaming in this place at this time okay. What if you suddenly encounter an evil ghost in here... hmm ? '

'Ahh come on John-' said Cerina. 'Don't scare her now. '

' I'm not scared mommy. Daddy told me so many stories about his visit to  all those haunted houses before. Ghosts doesn't exist and even if they do, I know that you and daddy will always protect me ' cried out emily with a big grin on her face.

'Oh yes dear, we love you and we'll always protect you but sleep now it's pretty late . You have to go to school tomorrow-' said Cerina as she hugged her and led her to her bedroom.

It was 11 and suddenly with a hint of thunder mild breeze blew in from the window. It was raining outside.

 As Cerina came back I cried ' I gonna go take a shower. My day kicks off early' .

'Okay. You go to sleep then after that. I gonna take some time.'

'Hey wanna jump in with me , in the water?'

'May be next time cowboy.Good night'

'Good night baby'.