Chapter 9 - Rock Sound

Chapter 9

TAYLOR’S POV

We were back in the car on our way home to Tennessee and Hayley wasn’t speaking to me. I’m not surprised that she isn’t though because she has just broken up with Chad and she straight, what was I thinking when I kissed her?

I guess I thought maybe she’d kiss me back, maybe she’d admit she liked me, but everyone knows those wishes are just dreams that happen in fairytales to the perfect character… I was nowhere near perfect.

I’ve had so many relationships and each one has ended in a rough violent way. I don’t suppose my way of dealing with it helps either. To help myself I write my songs based on my past boyfriends which just causes turmoil with their fans.

I look over at Hayley and just see confusion in her eyes as she drives. I can’t tell what she is feeling and I can’t stand seeing her like this because of me. I looked at the Sat-Nav which said we still had 2 hours of our journey to go. The second that we reached Tennessee Hayley had been called to an emergency band meeting which, for some weird reason, I was told to accompany her to.

We kept driving in silence without music or any other noises to accompany the sound of tiers on road. I leaned my head against the window as rain started to fall. I watched the droplets falling down the window pane, almost as if they were racing. It was funny how the weather seemed to always match my mood. There was a thunderstorm the night Hayley was publicly beaten by Chad, sometimes I wonder if the weather actually is my emotions.

“So, what happened back there… It meant nothing right?” Hayley spoke suddenly snapping me from my thoughts.

“I-it was a mistake and it wasn’t supposed to happen” I said sadly knowing that was a complete lie.

“So we can forget about it and move on with our lives?” Hayley asked still looking at the road, although I swear I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes.

“Forgotten.” I stated simply.

Hayley smiled and switched on the radio. Milkshake by Kelis came on and we both began laughing before eventually singing along to the song.

“MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!” Hayley smiled at me before turning her eyes back to the road. “AND THEY’RE LIKE IT’S BETTER THAN YOURS” I was discreetly observing how beautiful her smile was. “DAMN RIGHT IT’S BETTER THAN YOURS” I had stopped singing and was watching how happy she was and listening to her angelic voice. “I’D TEACH YOU BUT I HAVE TO CHARGE!” I smiled at her beautiful voice and lay my head back against the glass contently.

Our happiness was short lived however when Hayley’s phone went off and Chad’s number flashed on the screen for the fourth time in the last hour. Hayley shook her head and looked at the wheel. Enough is enough; he can’t get away with this. I picked up the phone and clicked answer.

“Hayley, I need to speak to you right now so get your ass over to my house!” He bellowed down the phone.

“Leave her alone you sorry little prick. Stop being such a stalker and just get on with your own life and leave Hayley to get on with hers, Thank you sir now may I say with my deepest passion. PISS OFF” I said to Chad before hanging up and throwing Hayley’s phone into the front pocket.

I glanced at Hayley who gave me a sympathetic smile and continued driving. I went back to looking out of the window at the passing fields and the pitter patter of rain. At least Hayley was talking to me now because it was hard not having her talking to me. I admit I probably shouldn’t have kissed her but it was a spur of the moment thing.

A couple of minutes before we were due to get into our last hour of driving Hayley pulled into a service station. She parked the car and we both got out before walking in. I’m not hungry so instead I headed over to the magazine section of the store.

I spotted Hayley buying some water but soon brought my attention back to the magazines. I spotted the newest edition of Rock Sound which to my surprise was covered with none other than Paramore. I smiled and walked up to the counter to purchase it. The cashier smiled and asked me for my autograph after recognising me. I signed his shirt and soon Hayley came up behind me and did the same for him but with an issue of Rock Sound instead.

We both smiled and waved at the cashier before exiting the shop and climbing into the car. Hayley started a conversation with me about the cashier but it soon ended when we began driving again. The hour long drive went by in a flash and before we knew it we were pulling up outside of the fueled by ramen headquarters.

Hayley opened my door for me and escorted me in as quickly as possible. Upon entering the meeting room I saw all the guys sitting down at the table and chatting quietly among themselves. We smiled at them when they were noted of our arrival and took a seat before commencing the meeting.

Half way through everyone was asked to leave the room apart from the board of directors and I. As we sat he began discussing an important matter with me and before long I was signing a contract he had handed me. Soon after Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor returned to the room and sat in their previous seats.

They all watched the board of directors eagerly before he arose from his seat and said “Introducing your new support act, Taylor swift”