Chapter Two:

"We're almost to the city!" Anna cried excitedly.  I jumped in surprise.  We had been walking in silence for the past thirty minutes.  We might have talked a little, but we didn't carry on a conversation.

"Good," I grumbled from behind her.  I had lost my fast pace way back there.  "My feet are killing me."

"Well get used to it Prince," she answered, pulling me along by my arm.  "It's going to get worse after we get off the train.  We have to travel up a huge mountain!"

"A mountain?" I asked in disbelief.  "I can't climb a mountain!"

I had stopped walking and pulled Anna to a stop by pulling my arm from her hand.

"Aw," she joked with pretend sadness.  "the Prince doesn't know how to hike.  Shall I teach you?"

"I told you," I warned.  "I'm a king, not a prince!  Get it right!"

"I can name you whatever I want to," she replied in defiance.  "If you've forgotten then let me remind you," she started.  She rose up to my height and whispered in my ear," I'm the only one that can show you to the stone.  If you don't let me call you Prince, then I will ditch you in that bush after I use my magic on you.  So I would suggest that you pipe down."

"You wouldn't do that," I answered challengingly.  She eyed me with venom in her eyes but didn't say anything else.  She rolled her pack off her back and sat down next to a large Oak tree.

"We'll rest here for now.  But if we want to get to the train before it leaves, we'll have to leave in ten minutes."

"Fine."

I set my pack on the ground and sat against the tree next to her.  Despite Anna's amazing looks she was probably the worse female I have ever met.  She would be nice for a moment and then she would be mean the very next second and be threatening my life!  I guess I'd have to learn how to keep on her good side.

"So..." Anna moved her head in my direction.  "Why are you out here with me?  Other than the stone reason."

"That's really... why I came actually.  I also thought that I'd get to know A--Laura a little better by asking questions about her."

"Hmmm," Anna replied looking out in the distance.  "What do you want to know about her?"

"Why did you ask her to come here in the first place?  I want the truth this time."

"I..." she looked away and shut her mouth.  "I'm not ready to talk about it."

"I respect that," I replied.  "I don't want you to do anything you're uncomfortable with."

"Thanks.  I really appreciate it," she smiled at me and then quickly stood up.  "Well, we'd better start going so that we can catch the train."

So much for friendship.