Visiting Marinette

Adrien's Point of View

After Nino left, I ran home and gave Plagg his Camembert cheese before he could say anything.

"Okay Plagg, when you finish your cheese, I need to transform and no complaints," I dealed.

"Hehehe, I complain when I want, kid. But fine, just this once, I'll keep my yap shut," Plagg joked. I rolled my eyes but laughed.

When he finally swallowed his entire wheel of cheese, Plagg transformed me quickly.

I slipped out the window and pretended to casually patrol the area around Nino's hangout.

I saw him there but I continued my act.

"Hey Chat Noir! My bud, Adrien messed up around a girl and he wants you to stalk her and find out what he did that made her go wackadoodle!" Nino yelled to me from a distance.

"What girl did he upset?" I asked, trying not to be too suspicious.

"Her name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng! She wears pink capri pants and a white floral shirt! She wears the same gray blazer jacket everyday and she has hair so black, it's blue!" He yelled in detail, making people turn.

I frowned but then lightened up, "Sure thing! You tell that Adrien guy I have this under control!" I shouted to Nino.

"Thanks a lot!" Nino yelled back.

"No problem!" I shouted back in reply. I then took off to Marinette's house.

I ran across the rooftops until I saw and smelled the Dupain-Cheng Family Bakery. I saw Marinette sitting at her desk, working on her fashion designs. I heard her sniffles.

"Hey Princess!" I spoke loudly, making her jump and turn around as fast as possible.

"Chat?! What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be patrolling?!" She hissed in a whisper.

"I wanted to see my princess," I told her.

"Why?!" She whisper-shouted, her face wet with tear streaks.

"Are you okay?" I asked, hoping she'll tell me more about what I did to upset her.

"I- I just... My friend called me and told me really mean things and I can't believe I even let him into my house in the first place," she ranted angrily.

"What did he say?" I asked in a small voice, intimidated by her sudden anger.

"If you really want to know, why don't you ask the great Adrien Agreste himself?! If you're so curious, Chat, I'd suggest you get your butt to Adrien's house and ask him yourself!!" She snapped at me, full of aggression, breaking her pencil and slamming her sketch book on her table.

"I-I'm so sorry Marinette. I shouldn't have been so nosy. I'll be on my way," I whimpered, falling back.

Her eyes filled with tears and she buried her face in her hands.

I quickly jumped out her window and onto her bottom-level rooftop.

I couldn't believe I chickened out that fast. I also couldn't believe Marinette could be so upset. She's always been so softhearted and kind. I've visited her quite a few times and she's always been happy and sweet, but now it's like she's a complete different person. Somehow she wasn't akumatized either.

Maybe Ladybug could talk to her or something because she is way too aggressive at me, even as Chat Noir.

Suddenly I had a crazy idea. Maybe Adrien could fix this. He's the one that started it so maybe detransforming might be a good idea.

"Plagg, claws in! Or detransform me? However it works," I said.

When I detransformed, Plagg hid back in my jacket and we walked up to the bakery.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. Is Marinette here?" I asked them politely.

"She's up in her room," Sabine, her mom, told me.

I thanked her and walked up to Marinette's room. I did it as quietly as possible, making her not notice me walking into her room. When I walked up to Marinette, I tapped her on the shoulder.

"AUGHHH!!" She screamed and jumped, surprised.

"Hello Marinette," I greeted her.

"Why are you in my room and why did you not knock or something?! You scared the living chickens out of me!" She whisper-shouted angrily.

"I know you're super angry at me but please let me know what it was that I said," I begged, practically on my knees.

"Get the heck out of my room, Agreste! I don't talk to jerks! You know what you said and I'm not just going to let you walk all over me like Chloe!" She yelled, stomping up to me, making me slip back out of fear.

"Just let me know what I said!" I begged.

"GET OUT!" She screamed.

"Okay. Okay..." I agreed quietly and calmly, exiting her room.

I ran out of the bakery and went home.

My father was just walking into the house when I accidentally ran into him.

"Adrien! Why were you running?!" He yelled.

"I'm so sorry Father! It's just girl troubles," I apologized.

He smirked at me, giving me a pat on the back.

"We're going to have a little chat," he said, opening the door.

I hesitated but we walked in his office together and sat on his chairs. He turned his chair to me.

"Who is this girl?" He asked.

"Her name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng," I replied.

"Why is she giving you trouble?" He asked.

"She says I said something that upset her but she won't tell me what I said," I told him.

He chuckled lightly. "Reminds me of your mother when we were dating. She was always sensitive. What I always did was win her heart back. I did little things here and there that would cheer her up and let her know I was sorry, even if I wasn't," he told me.

"Actually, that's some really good advice, Father. Thank you!" I complimented him.

"See? Even your old dad can give advice now and days?" He chuckled.

I was surprised, but happy at this moment. We were finally having a real family moment. He's usually bitter and cold but he seems a lot more fatherly to me today. I hugged him, which took him by surprise but he hugged me back.