Patrol

Marinette's Point of View

The sun began to lower itself behind Paris's buildings, signifying that superhero patrol was supposed to begin. The last light of day gave off a brightening beautiful end to this hectic day.

"Marinette, are you ready to face Chat Noir after finally revealing your identity?" Tikki asked me, reminding me that it was time for patrol.

I laughed lightly and cupped the kwami into my hands. "Trust me, Tikki. I don't have a thing to worry about when it comes to my partner. I can't wait to see him," I replied, giving off my smile.

Tikki giggled and sat on my palms as she looked up at me with her big blue eyes. "Your Chat Noir is a good one! Let's transform! Are you ready?" The kwami asked me sweetly, beginning to fly up to my face.

I shut my pink polka-dotted diary and locked it up in its matching box, then placed the key in a safe drawer.

"Yes! Let's do this!" I cheered excitedly as my kwami did the same.

"Just say the words!" Tikki lifted her little arms in encouragement with a bright smile on her face.

"Tikki, spots on!"

With those words, my casual clothing was replaced with the skin-tight ladybug spotted suit as my kwami was pulled into my earrings.

I slipped out my bedroom from my balcony and began my rooftop run. Rooftop after rooftop, I saw different parts of the city. With enough time, I found my partner among these rooftops. The sun was completely gone by now and replaced by a full moon. The city was glowing in the beautiful moonlight.

"Hi kitty!" I greeted my partner with a cheerful tone.

"My lady," he reached out to politely kiss my hand, in which I giggled as a result.

"I brought this red rose for my princess, but I can't seem to find her," Chat Noir playfully teased me, exaggerating his movements to show me he was searching. He chuckled and handed it to me.

"Very funny, Chat," I snickered, accepting his rose.

"You know something, Princess? I spent a ton of my time moping and complaining that I loved both Marinette and Ladybug, thinking I was such a player, just to discover I loved the same girl all along," Chat Noir said with a sigh.

"Whoops," I replied with a short giggle as I hugged him.

"Whoops? Princess, I thought I was going bananas!" The boy bantered as he playfully poked me in the arm.

"I was falling in love with both sides of you too!" I added with a playful wink.

"Well then, Marinette 'Ladybug' Dupain-Cheng, will you do me the honors of being my lady?" He bowed down on one knee, pulling something out of a bag he brought with him, causing me to nearly choke on air. I swear, if that was a proposal...

When he pulled out a big bouquet of pink roses, I sighed in relief. I felt a large smile cross my face and a heat flush into cheeks with a blush.

"YES!!" I yelled, pulling the bouquet from him as I added the small red one in with all the pink roses. When he stood to his feet with a sweet smile, I pulled the cat into a tight hug.

"M-My lad-lady, you're re-really strong," Chat choked out from my tight hug with a few coughs. I giggled with a few apologies and released him. He dramatically fell to his knees and acted like he was suffering to which I let out a laugh and pulled him to his feet.

"You're so dramatic," I giggled, releasing his hand.

His hand reached out to gently turn my face toward his own, and with my enthusiasm, we went in for a kiss. The both of us were blushing wildly when we pulled away and begun smiling like flustered lovesick dorks.

We stood there with dumb grins plastered on our faces as we had no clue what we would say next. We just smiled at one another, unsure of what we'd talk about now. My partner finally broke the silence.

"Love needs no words," Chat said as he stroked an imaginary beard to imitate a wise older man.

"Of course not," I giggled, taking his hand in mine.

Suddenly, a rush of guilt flooded in my mind, causing my smile to drop. Tears pooled into my eyes as I held my emotion back, my lip beginning to tremble. I realized how terribly I reacted to such little situations. I didn't accept Chat's identity right away, which was probably really hard to reveal. Even if he had really made the phone call telling me those thing, I shouldn't have been such a brat to everyone. If our situations were reversed, I'm pretty sure Adrien would've talked to me calmly instead of getting really cold and mean like I had done to him.

How could I have been so mean to such a sweet person? My partner, my classmate, my best friend! Sure Alya was my best friend, but Chat Noir had always been there for me as Ladybug and as Marinette. He was also my best friend and I treated him so terribly.

Chat seemed to have taken notice of my emotional change, so he asked, "Is there something wrong?"

"I don't deserve you... I'm so sorry, Chat Noir," I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away with the back of my spandex-covered hand.

The cat superhero took my hand in his own and sat me down on the rooftop we stood upon. "What makes you believe that? Marinette, I love you," he asked, kissing my hand. This only caused me to fall further into guilt as more tears begun to rush down my face.

"I-I treated you so rudely for something you didn't even do! I got you akumatized when you revealed your identity! I was so mean to you, Adrien! You didn't deserve any of that crap I put you through! I'm so so sorry!" I began to cry as I listed my worst actions.

"Hey, hey. Don't blame yourself for those things! None of those things were your fault! Heck, if I did actually send you the voice message I recorded for Chloe, I'd give you full permission to punch me in the face!" He said to me, causing me to giggle a little as I wiped away some more of my tears.

"It was dumb of me to spring out the identity reveal on you like that, and I brought that among myself. You have nothing to be guilty for, Marinette. I don't know how I got so lucky to have you," Chat Noir told me as he placed his hand on my shoulder with a gentle smile of comfort. My lip trembled with more emotion as I pulled him into a hug. He returned it kindly, and when he pulled away, he wiped another tear that had slipped from my eye.

"But I-" I protested, to which Chat Noir silenced me with a finger to the lip.

"But you're amazing," he told me, "And you didn't know what Chloe had done. There's no reason for you to feel so terribly. What's done is done and we can't change the past. Just know it wasn't your fault' my lady."

"I love you, Adrien."

"Je t'aime, Marinette."

A/N: It's not over yet 😉