Epilogue

Chloe's Point of View

After going shopping with Sabrina for a while, I came back to my room. I opened my bag, noticing a small brown box. It didn't occur to me then that the initiative I had taken to pull that older man away from the falling metal ladder would change my life.

I opened it, curious of what I would find. I picked it up and observed it. It was a yellow bee comb.

"What the..." I wondered, "Did someone drop this in my bag?"

I just put it in my hair anyways, then turned to look into the mirror. What I saw in front of me was a fist-sized bee creature thing.

"Ugh, of course it would be you. He said you needed redemption," the bee thing muttered.

"Wh- what are you?" I stuttered, putting my hands up, afraid. It was pretty big for a bee, but too small for a cat or rabbit. Maybe a guinea pig... that was yellow? No, that couldn't be it. It kind of looked like the toy I took from Marinette when I met Prince Ali...

"I'm your bee kwami, genius. So, you're Chloe. Huh? You look less conceited and self-absorbed than I thought," she sassed.

"What? How do you know my name?! DADD-" I started to panic before the thing threw a pillow three times its size at me.

"Shut up! You're supposed to keep this a secret, you fool! No superhero exposes their identity! Jeez!" She hissed at me, or should I say buzzed? I laughed to myself.

"Superhero? Nobody told me I would be a superhero? Who or what force thinks I, Chloe Bourgeois, would make a good superhero? I'm a mean, rude, annoying person! I don't deserve to be a superhero! I wrecked a relationship that fixed itself eventually! I didn't even help them fix it!" I started babbling.

Another one of my pillows hit me in the face. "Stop talking like that! You can redeem yourself with this! Because of this Miraculous, you now have a second chance!" She snapped.

"I have a second chance?" I asked, my heart beginning to flutter.

"Yes! Use it wisely!" She insisted.

"Thank you. What should I call you?" I asked, smiling.

"Call me Pollen! To transform to Queen Bee, all you have to say is 'Stripes on!'" the small bee told me.

"Pollen, stripes on!" I exclaimed.

Moments later, my entire body was covered in a skintight yellow suit with stripes on it. I looked into the mirror, gasping at the black and yellow mask and antennae. My hair remained in its high ponytail, but intertwined with black ribbons  as it curled.

"Queen Bee? Is that who I am now? I can't believe it!" I squealed joyfully, pulling the small bee Pollen thing into a hug.

I left my room and went up to the Eiffel Tower, where I saw Ladybug.

"So, I see you discovered your Miraculous," Ladybug winked.

"Yeah Marinette," I giggled.

"Okay, Chloe," she laughed.

"I've already been given a shot at redemption. I promise I won't abuse it, Ladybug," I promised.

She smiled at me and put out her fist, "Pound it?"

I gleefully followed along and fist-bumped my idol (even if it was just Marinette).

"Hey, I thought that was our thing, Bugaboo," Chat Noir pouted.

"It will always be our thing, kitty," she scratched behind his cat ear.

I laughed at my new partners, excited to start new adventures with them.

"Meet Queen Bee, our new partner!" Ladybug introduced me.

"Chloe?" He guessed.

"Yes," I blushed.

"Welcome to our team!" He exclaimed joyfully, "Now let's go beat those akumas even more quickly! Maybe we can even get Hawkmoth's miraculous away from him with your help!"

"You'll be an awesome part of our team, Queen Bee. Let's get started on helping you learn how to use your powers!" Ladybug smiled, earning a smile from her cat.