Chapter 29: Kei Valancia

Every bone in my body ached. If this is what an old person feels like, then I am deeply sorry for what you have to go through. 'Cause it sucks horribly. But no, this isn't the only freaking problem. All of my powers? Gone. No longer here, freaking missing and everything under the sun meaning it's no longer here. I can only imagine what everyone else thinks about my powers being gone - oh you can live without them. You kinda deserve it anyway.

Yeah? Well I probably do deserve to get my powers get taken because honestly? I know I'm not the best person to hang around. Just ask Draven. To be honest, I don't really have one ounce of care for them. All I care about is Rei. She's the one I'm worried about. Screw me, what about Rei? She's not as crazy as I am. All of these worries and pains, I thought sleep was a sweet gift where I get to be in oblivion? Obviously not me. If I could I would sigh until I couldn't sigh no longer. Here's another thing, what will happen to Ryker?

You worry too much, you know?

Rei?! She chuckled.

The one and only, she teased.

Where have you been?

Ah, you know. Around, she answered cryptically.

How can you be 'around'? She laughed.

Here, I'll show you. It was a weird feeling. It felt as if I was being pulled but I only saw black. It was almost as if she was pulling me by the wrist, as I felt a warmth where my hands were usually but couldn't see.

Where are we going?

You're going to meet a new friend of some sorts.

A friend?

Of sorts. I didn't ask any more questions. Instead I got lost in the feeling of being tugged, yet not feeling like I was moving.

This is weird, I commented.

Tell me about it. I was freaking out the first time when this happened.

And when was this?

I'm pretty sure last month. I don't know, my sense of time is sort of out of whack.

Hmm. We didn't say anything after that.

The feeling of being pulled lasted for what seemed like forever in a decade and it might have been. Rei was right about the time here, it wasn't really accurate to the real world. Soon, the feeling ceased and it felt as if I was standing still once more.

Umm. Where are we?

Give me a second, she said before concentrating on doing whatever she was doing.
In the meantime, I went back to thinking. Mostly about Ryker. I tried to imagine what his face would look like but I couldn't seem to get a right picture. Of course, I haven't seen another person's face in years so me trying to construct a human face from scratch was almost impossible.

Here we go, Rei finally said, sounding satisfied. Before I could ask what the heck was going on, a white form was beginning to appear in the darkness.

Uh, Rei? What's happening exactly?

Shh! Just watch, she chided and I would have rolled my eyes if I could. I stayed silent as the white blobby thing started to take shape in the silhouette of a woman. She began to shine brighter and I instinctively made a move to cover my eyes and was surprised to see that my hands did indeed cover my eyes. When I noticed that the light was no longer there, I lowered my hands slowly. There standing in front of me was a woman. And I could see her face. I could see everything. Her clothes, her long golden brown hair. I could even see her pearly white teeth gleam in the glow that she emanated. I pointed at her with my mouth gaping open.