Chapter 4: Ryker Dare

As my men and I entered a yard to a dreary looking house, fully clothed and still on high alert for more rogues, two men stood tall waiting for us. I noticed with slight disappointment that Kei was nowhere to be seen.

"Alpha Dare," a man with light brown hair said while bowing his head slightly.

"Alpha Hale, it seems your rogue problem has gotten worse." He frowned deeply when he caught sight of the two unconscious men.

"Who are they?"

"That's why I brought them here instead of killing them. I thought it would be a nice present to greet you with." I smiled sardonically at him before he continued to frown while letting out a gut wrenching sigh.

"Alright. I'll have my men bring them to the cellars." He nodded his head over his shoulder and two young men appeared from the shadows, throwing the rogues over their shoulders and disappeared back into the shadows. "Let's discuss further matters in my office." I nodded and he turned with me following behind him into the house. Everybody took this as a sign to disperse and already getting into their own positions guarding the pack house.

The two of us were silent as we made our way through the back door, entering the kitchen. We walked through the dim room before going out into the hall with a staircase at one end and another room at the other. I followed with silent steps as we went up a staircase before going down another hall, stopping at a wooden door to the right. He opened the door and walked in before stopping with an annoyed growl.

"Why are you in here?" he growled to the person that I couldn't see. I walked in and stood beside him but stopped. Kei grinned from the couch, her shoes kicked off while her sock covered feet dangled off the side of the couch that she was lying on.

"Come on Brad, aren't we the best of friends already?" I stiffened at her familiarity with him as he shook his head but his lips turned up in a small smile.

"I swear, you're going to kill me instead of actually saving," he remarked dryly. She smirked and fluttered her hand in a dismissive manner.

"You have to be near death for me to save you," she pointed out, her eyes twinkling. He grunted and I stood to the side watching silently as the two exchanged a few more words before I had had enough.

"Alpha Hale, we have some business to attend to." I said rather roughly. His shoulders straightened and he nodded.

"Kei, I think you should-" She held her hand up to cut him off.

"Save it. I know why the almighty King is here so it won't hurt for me to stay." He growled at her slight attitude and my wolf snarled in my head.

How dare he? I shook my head just barely but didn't answer him.

"You know I'm going to have to tell him," Hale said rather abruptly. This put me up on alert immediately. She shrugged but her gaze filled me with heat as she gazed at us.

"Then why don't you two sit down so I can tell him." It wasn't a question but an order. My wolf didn't like her commanding us at all.

"I would watch who you're ordering around, my little Lune."

"Is that some fancy word meaning luna?" she questioned. I walked over and sat besides her on the couch, Hale watching us with amusement.

"More or less," I told her vaguely.

"Hmm," was her only response.

"I'll let you take the stage," Hale finally said. She shook her head before looking at me but like earlier, I noticed her attention wasn't on me but around me.