Chapter 7: Kei Valancia

Color Manual

Steel Blue - irritation

Orange - surprise

Indigo - jealousy

Violet - desire/passion

~~~~~~~~~~

I watched in amusement as Ryker's aura dimmed as he went into unconsciousness, the sudden rise of power in me dimming before anybody else could notice.

I can't believe you would do that to our mate! Rei screamed at me and I simply chuckled at her.

Oh chill. He's the freaking King, he'll be alright. She only huffed and stayed silent.

"Kei Valancia," Brad's booming voice surrounded the clearing like a heavy blanket. I turned to face the crowd.

"Yes?" I felt a grip on my arm, not rough, but firm enough that he meant business as he began pulling me across the yard and back into the house as we made our way towards his office. When he shut the door behind him, I pulled away and sat in the chair.

"So what's all this about? I think I should be with Ryker when he wakes up or he'll freak when he doesn't see me." He didn't say anything as he walked over and sat behind his mammoth of a desk.

"Will you like to tell me what the hell you just did?" I shrugged and looked at him innocently.

"I won a fight against the almighty King? Pretty explanatory all on its self." I smirked at his low growl.

"Kei, I'm being serious." I could hear the power behind his words but it had no clear effect.

"I'm being completely serious too," I said keeping a straight face. He groaned and pounded his fist lightly onto the desk. I could see steely blue of irritation entwine with his powers.

"Why must you be so difficult?" I opened my mouth to speak but a roar that rattled my bones interrupted me.

"It's seems the beast has awoken," I muttered. The two of us were quiet, waiting for the man that was my mate. Right on time, his familiar black power instantly filled the room as he slammed the door open. "I'm impressed King, you woke up a lot quicker than I expected." I smiled cheekily in his direction. I didn't hear his footsteps before I felt his presence right in front of me.

"How did you do that?" he growled. "What are you to have that much power?"

"What, you talking about little 'ole me?" I smiled innocently.

"Kei be serious. You're not some ordinary wolf half breed." I pursed my lips and crossed my arms.

"You haven't told him?" Brad asked sharply.

"Told me what?" At this point, Ryker was sounding fed up by everything.

"Ah well. I guess you could say that there was never really a good opportunity to tell him." I chuckled to myself quietly.

"Now would be a good time I would think," he said.

"Yes, it would be a perfect time to tell him actually," I replied casually.

"Both of you, stop with this and tell me what is going on." Ryker finally couldn't take it any longer and I finally answered his ever nagging question.

"I would just like to inform you, King, that I am half Fae, the one race that everybody can't seem to figure out." He was surprised all right, stunned even, as the bright orange around him was the brightest that I had ever seen on him.