Chapter XVII- Freedom spoilt

Konnichiwa, mina-san!!

Right. Loll, I thought this would be rather funny to put up. I am going to explain the logic of beating up emos, as I got one comment from a very very very very loverrrrllly (yes, I DO know that's not how you spell 'lovely') reader (Silent4everBeatless) saying that beating up emos, like I told you to at the end of the last chapter, was harsh. I know that she was joking, but still, this is also for anyone who thinks I am harsh by telling you to beat up emos (omg I am cracking up just writing this).

okay, the explanation: Think of it this way, by beating them up, we give them something to be emo about. So now, rather than being a pointless emo, they can be an emo with a vengeance... hey, it's like Sasuke and Itachi!!! XD

But either way, we are doing them a favour; nobody wants to be a pointless emo xD

Also, this chapter is dedicated to Silent4everBeatless for all of her lovely support. I think she has actually liked every chapter... so, Silent-chan, this one's for you!!

Well, on with the story, my loverrly readers!!!

Sora x

- - -

I sprang up from where I was sitting in my old home at the sound of a knock on the door. Running to it, I pulled it open, hugging the person standing there without a clue who it was.

"Uh, hey, Kaien..." I let go of Shikamaru and grinned at him.

"Thank Kami-sama!!! I was about to die of boredom in here!!!!" I exclaimed, waving my arms. Shikamaru rose an eyebrow, and I finally noticed the ANBU mask on his belt, but said nothing.

"Right... well anyway, Tsunade-sama has summoned you to her office again, right away." I nodded, feeling slightly jealous of Shikamaru. I loved being a teacher, but I miss being ANBU. I might ask Gaara if I can rejoin... I never get any missions as a teacher.

That's probably why he was so enthusiastic about me becoming a sensei at the academy... damn him.

I nodded to Shikamaru and transported, knowing that he would do the same. I found myself in my shishou's office, and saluted her with a cocky grin. "Howdy, Tsunade-shishou."

She just gave me a weird look, then cleared her throat, while I winked at Shika, who was beside me. "We are going to attempt interrogating Sasuke again now."

That was all she needed to say; I nodded, "Hai." and followed her with Shikamaru out to the prison where Sasuke was being kept, then to the locked and bolted room that served as his cell.

We entered, the door sliding shut behind us with haste, as we again approached Sasuke, who was in no better shape than he was yesterday. His eyes were bound again.

I sat down on my legs, in seiza, in front of him. I'm not sure what I said to him exactly, just random things, trying to coaxe some words from him. He said nothing, but after about an hour, I turned to Tsunade and Shikamaru.

"Could you two leave for a little while?" Shika gawped, and Tsunade's eyes widened.

"Are you kidding me?! I'm not about to leave you in here alone with an S-rank missing-nin! It's completely unprecedented and-"

"Shishou." I cut my teacher's rantings off, and firm look in my eyes. "Onegai... trust me."

She opened her mouth to speak, then closed it again and sighed. "If anything happens, I'm holding you solely responsibly, Kaien."

Then she left, a still-gawping Shikamaru in tow. I turned back to the missing nin once I was sure the door was locked behind them, then gently reached and uncovered his eyes.