Chapter XII - surprise?

well, chap twelve is UP!!

WHOOP!!

Disclaimer: I Do nOT oWn nARuTo

Hehheh.

Enjoy.

Sora-chan x

"It's been a long time." the white haired man said, as he and his companion made their way down the road to Konoha.

"Yeah... I wonder how nee-chan's doing..." the blonde one replied, slightly dazed.

"Well, Naruto, now you can find out." Jiraiya said.

Naruto nodded and grinned as they passed through the gate, greeted by Izumo and Kotetsu. Naruto then jumped off to the place he had lived in before he left, where his sister should be waiting for him.

But, opening the door of the main building, and going up the steps to the apartment, he knew she wasn't there. There was no trace of her scent. So she hadn't been here in a while.

Even so, he checked inside the flat, even going into her room- which she would of beaten him up for, had she been there- but all of her belongings were gone, too. He checked his room, to see if she had perhaps moved, but all his stuff was still there, exactly how he had left it.

"Kaien? You here?" no answer.

Without another word, Naruto left the apartment, feeling hurt, sad, and confused as to where his nee-chan could be. He stood on a tall stone pillar, looking for a head of long, red hair, but could not see her anywhere.

"Naruto! Naruto, is that you?" Naruto looked down to see the pervy sage and a familiar pink haired girl.

"Sakura-chan!" he jumped down, landing with a thud in front of her.

"When did you get back?" Sakura asked, and Naruto grinned.

"Just a little while ago. But, uh, Sakura-chan?" Naruto's frown reappeared, and the pinkette frowned slightly in response.

"What's up? Naruto?" Naruto looked to the sky a second, then back down at Sakura.

"Where's Kaien? I looked everywhere, all her stuff is gone." Sakura blinked, then smiled. That was all?

"You'll have difficulty finding her here." Naruto's frown got deeper with his confusion, and he reached up to clasp the dog tag that his nee-chan gave him before he left.

"Where is she?"

"She lives with Gaara in Suna now. She told me to tell you when you got here. She moved about a year ago now."

Naruto's eyes widened, and he went into protective-brother-mode.

"She moved to Suna?! With him?! Without my permission?!?! I oughtta kick his ass!!!" Naruto's arms waved sporadically in anger, and Sakura raised an eyebrow as the blonde boy ranted.

After about ten minutes, Sakura grew annoyed and forcefully grabbed hold of him.

"You can't do that! You wouldn't be able to anyway!"

"Why not?! I've beaten him before, I'll beat him again!"

"Because Gaara's the Kazekage! He'll have heavy guard at all times!"

That shut Naruto up all right.

* * *

"No, Naruto! I can't give you a pass to Suna when you've only just got back!" Tsunade said, starting to get irritated now.

"But Tsunade-baa-chan, how could you do it? Let Kaien move to Suna?" Naruto asked, and Tsunade sighed.

"Well, I can hardly deny a pleading Kazekage, can I? Especially since Kaien was almost killed on a mission, that didn't help the situation any." It was true, Gaara had been insistent on Kaien's transfer, and when she had taken potentially fatal damage on a mission due to her knuckle-headedness, the young Kazekage had almost pleaded for her transfer, so he could protect her better.