Chapter XVI - Returning home

Your blood chapter 16

Ohayo, mina-san!!

The next chapter of Your blood IS UP!!!

This one takes place after a one year time skip.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO!!! SO F*** YOU PEOPLE IF I GET SUED!!!

Kthxbai :3

"Kaien-sensei!!" I was greeted by a chorus as I entered the classroom, and smiled at my students.

"Hello class. How are you all this morning?" different replies sounded, and I grinned. How I love my job.

I quit ANBU a few days ago to work as a teacher at Suna's new Academy, and so far, I love it. The kids are great, and we have a lot of fun, plus they're all scoring pretty high. They will all make fine shinobi one day.

"Well, today we have a special surprise for you. Buddy up, we're going on a short trip." there was excitable chatter at the idea of a field trip, and I grinned.

"Everybody partnered? Okay then- oh." I stopped, going over to the hunched figure in the corner. A little boy with bright blonde hair blinked up at me with teal eyes; he was just like a cross between Naruto and Gaara.

"And who might you be? Nobody told me I was getting a new student today." I said softly, crouching in front of him.

"A-actually, I've been here for weeks now. My name's Kiyomizu Hiragomi." I sweatdropped and laughed nervously, how did I never notice this kid?

"Where do you usually sit?"

"Here."

Ah, that would explain why I didn't notice him.

"Why don't you sit up front, in the chairs?" he glanced behind me, then gestured for me to lean in closer, and whispered in my ear.

"The other kids don't like me, and I don't know why." an overwhelming sense of guilt and pity ran through me, and I stood up, smiling warmly at him.

"Well, how's about you come and walk up front with me? You can be look out, yeah?" he jumped up and smiled a dazzling smile, then faltered as he noticed the other children looking at him.

"Take no notice." I murmured, ruffling his hair and taking point at the head of the line.

"Right then, class! Follow me!"

* * *

I watched amusedly as the children awed at the statues of all five Kazekage. Gaara's statue had just recently been put in; took them long enough, and that was the one I was fixated on. It didn't capture even a quarter of his handsomeness, but even so, it was still gorgeous. Now I just had to wait for the real thing to turn up.

I told the class the story of the first Kazekage and how he founded Sunagakure, then the second, and third (leaving out about how he became Sasori's puppet) then the fourth, and then...

"Which brings us to Sabaku no Gaara, the Godaime and our current Kazekage, who- in fact, I think it would be better if he told you himself, wouldn't you agree, Kazekage-sama?" I grinned as the children 'ooh'ed and 'ahh'ed and 'so cool'ed as Gaara appeared next to me in a cloud of sand.

"Will you tell them, Kazekage-sama?" I asked, ignoring how wrong it felt to call him that in this situation, as he smiled slightly and nodded, beginning the story of how he became Kazekage. I sat down next to Hiragomi on the floor, watching Gaara, loving hearing him speak. He was telling them right from the beginning.

It hurt to hear him talk about how alone he was, making me remember all those years ago when I first met him, how messed up he was. But when he got to the part about how we met and from there, it made me smile. Reliving those sweet little memories (in my head mostly, what Gaara was telling was a censored version, if you will; leaving out the personal things) through his perspective was a nice occurence; we rarely talked about the past. It was a sensitive subject, what with all of the Akatsuki now dead and buried (although I'm not quite sure about the 'dead' part, for Hidan, though he was buried. I heard the story from Naruto in our letters), and Sasuke still missing. Gaara never tried to bring it up, and I was grateful to him for that.