Part VI - Jump into action

Okay, so I've changed point of view. Instead of being 'you' it's gonna be 'I' instead. okay?

Enjoy!

Sora-chan x

"Ugh... Naruto, where's the washing up liquid?" I called, glaring at the pile of dirty dishes. See what I have to put up with? I'm gone for a week on an escort to Kirigakure, and this is what I come back to. Dirty dishes piled, dirt on the floor so thick the carpet is discoloured, and Lord, is that pizza on the ceiling?!

"Uh, I don't know! Is it on the windowsill?" Naruto called from his room, and I frowned, but checked.

"No. Do we even have any washing-up liquid?"

A pause.

"No!" I facepalmed. How was I supposed to clear up his mess if we didn't even have any soap for washing up?

"Kami-sama! Naruto, if you're not going to clear up after yourself, at least make sure there's some soap for when I get back!!" I yelled, and Naruto came through, his hands waving sporadically in the air.

"Well I didn't know what brand to get!" he protested. I growled.

Suddenly the door was flung open, And I looked to see Shizune. She sweatdropped, seeing my hands around Naruto's neck.

"Kaien-san, Naruto-kun..?" she said, looking slightly freaked out. I dropped Naruto, and he landed with a thud. I ignored him, standing to attention.

"Yes, Shizune-sama?" she seemed to shrug off our strangeness, and stood up straight.

"Kaien-san, Tsunade-sama has requested you for a mission to Suna."

* * *

"You do know the way, right Kiba?" I asked my mission partner, and he gave me a look. You know, the I'm-a-ninja-don't-ask-stupid-questions look.

"Of course I do. And if we do get lost, we've got Akamaru." the little dog yapped, as if to back up Kiba's point, and I sighed, continuing walking.

We were supposed to gather intel on a group of bandits called the celestials, who had been seen around Suna. Apparently they were not a huge threat, but were thought to be interested in the one tail, so we were sent out to help Suna just in case. I did not understand why Suna nin couldn't handle it, but hey, don't ask me. Tsunade-baa-chan said something about Kiba and Akamaru being great trackers, and me being an expert in quick get aways.

You know, the more I think about it, she does have a point. With my Ninpou: Chi shihai no jutsu [ninja art: blood control technique], I have always been good at fleeing, though a lot of the time, me having that power is pointless. I am, what some would call, hard-headed, like my brother. Though I'd say it's more determination.

"We're almost there." Kiba stated, and I nodded, growing impatient. If what we did know was true, then these bastards were after Gaara. And I wasn't about to stand by and let them hurt him.

* * *

"The scent is here again. And it's fresh." Kiba muttered, and I nodded. We were at a training ground, near the outskirts of the large city. We had spent the last three days gathering information from the locals (and for me, half a day with Gaara -what? Did you expect me to go to Suna, and not visit him? Eesh!) and today, the fourth day, Akamaru had caught a scent.

"You guys follow the trail. I'll catch up." Something was telling me to stay here, that there was something else I needed to do.

"Are you sure? You're chakra's pretty low." I smiled at him; he was right, I had been up all night last night searching for info. I couldn't sleep -nightmares- so I made use of my time.

"I'll be fine. They'll of gone from her by now, so go, or they'll get too far." I said, and Kiba looked at me for a second.

"You really are like Naruto." he said with a sigh, but nodded, and disappeared with Akamaru.

"Am not. Why does everyone always say that?" I grumbled, continuing scoping the area for any signs.

In the centre of the training area, I stopped and stood, gazing around. The sky was a bright, clear blue, with no clouds, and it was scaldingly hot. Gaara was right.

I pulled off my red arm warmers and long sleeved over shirt, leaving me in my cotton crop shirt and and mesh, with black fitted shorts under a side split skirt. This place just itched for me to train in it.

I thought for a second, before reaching into my kunai pouch and pulling out a pair of nunchuks [sp?] and smirking. They were a gift from a fuedal lord whose son I escorted, in the Land of rivers.

I span them experimentally, testing them out, before grinning.

I span them again, deftly moving them around. Itachi had taught me with nunchuks before, but the quality of these was amazing!

I heard a rustle over the hum of the nunchuks, and whipped around., but not sensing any chakra. Then everything was black.

-General Point Of View-

"Gaara!" Gaara turned to see a slightly frantic looking Temari, Kiba and Kankuro.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I-it's Matsuri-" Temari started.

"And Kaien!" Kiba cut in, frowning, but also worried.

"What about them?" Gaara asked, a worried frown puckering his forehead as the three siblings followed Kiba and Akamaru, on the trail. He sensed the urgency of the situation, though did not know why, so followed without question, a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"They've been kidnapped!"

Heh, end of part six!

Comment, vote, rate, whatever, I would love some feedback please!!

Next part out soon!