JAXON MICHAELS

Jaxon

All I could hear from the closet was the screams of the pack being killed. I could feel my heart beating in my chest a mile a minute as the fight continued before everything just stopped. The smell of blood filled the air and I didn't know if it was safe to leave my hiding place or not, mama and daddy told me to stay put, to not move unless they or uncle Ricker come to get me. I buried my head on my knees as I waited. I didn't know how long it was until the door to the closet opened making me look up and there he stood, uncle Ricker with blood covering his face as scratch marks littered his chest and stomach. He had on a pair of pants on with no shoes. His eyes were filled with sorrow, anger, pain, and hatred, but buried in those emotions were love and the will to protect his people, his pack.

"Come out little pup," he murmured holding his arms open for me, and I stood to my feet and tentatively walked to him before burying my face in his chest. I could feel water hitting the top of my head and the arms holding me close were shaking making me look up to see Uncle Ricker crying.

"I'm so sorry, Jaxon, so sorry," he kept whispering over and over again.

Shaking my head to clear the memories from invading my mind and instead focused on my duties as the cook of the pack as well as caring for the pups, mine included. I looked to the table and smiled as my 3-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son happily ate their lunch. They were the most prized gifts that I couldn't thank the moon goddess enough, but I had hoped that one day that I'd bare my mate's pups, not an Alpha Rogue.

I was 13 years old when I was kidnapped one day while doing my daily walks in the woods when I sensed a presence following behind me but I kept walking. I was dumb to disobey my alpha's orders about going into the woods on my own. I should have just stayed close to the pack or else I wouldn't have been taken for 4 months where I was brutalized, beaten, violated, and impregnated by the sick bastard. Uncle Ricker found me two days before the fifth mark of being captive.

I was bruised, burned, and pregnant with the Alpha Rogue's pup. In the beginning, I had wanted nothing to do with the pup but as omega and caregiver, my motherly instincts kicked in when I heard him cry the day he was born. The love I had for the tiny body in my arms filled the void I had in my chest since the death of my parents. I named him Jackson after my father while I named my little girl Victoria, after my mother. She was conceived during one of my heats. Uncle Ricker tried all he could to keep the pack men from getting to me but the pull to mate was too much for one of them that they raped me.

I was 15 years old when that happened and raising a 2-year-old. Now at 18, I'm a mother of two children with no mate. What will my mate even say when they find out that I was already a mother of two? I am no longer pure and all my life my parents have taught me that I needed to save myself for the day I met my mate.

"What has you thinking so much kiddo?" I jumped at the sound of Uncle Ricker's voice and looked over to see him leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed with a brow raised making the kids look up and beam.

"Grandpa Ricker" they yelled in unison making him laugh as he scooped each child into his arms making them laugh and wrap their arms around his neck

"Are you behaving for mama?" he asked and they nodded.

"Yes, grandpa, mama make yummies," Victoria exclaimed making uncle Ricker wince as she yelled in his ear making me chuckle.

"Food will be ready in a few minutes Alpha," I commented and he nodded setting the two down before walking over to me while they ran out of the kitchen.

"You're a great mother to them Jaxon, your parents would've been proud of you," he said leaning against the cabinet and I nodded with a small smile, today was the 10th anniversary. It feels like it was just yesterday they were killed. The ceremony for their anniversary was going to be deep in the forest near the waterfall.