Chapter One- Not Mates

So  i dont really know about this.. should i continue this book or not?..

I quickly turned around and stared at Amelia. She chuckled and glanced up to look at me, our eyes connecting and I almost cried out.

Chapter One- Not Mates

Peyton's POV

 Today was the first day of school and I couldn't be more disappointed. I kept telling myself, at least it's the last year of high school. After that, I can stay at the pack house as long as I want. Yes, I am Alpha and yes, I do hate school. Sue me. I've never been fond of the idea of having to go to school and being locked up in a building full of people that love to tell me what to do or just people that I don't like at all. 

For example, Amelia Adams. We have been enemies for as long as I can remember. Not only are we enemies but our packs are enemies as well and I plan to keep it that way. Ever since we were pups, we would always battle for dominance and try to beat the other at whatever activity that was going on.

There was a time when we were "friends" but that shortly ended when I decided I was done letting her tell me what to do. Since then, we have never said one kind thing to each other and probably never will.

I was walking to the gym with my brother/beta, Matthew, when I caught sight of Amelia's striking blonde hair. She wasn't too far and I knew if I could get close enough, I could trip her and beat her to class. "Don't you dare." Matthew said, knowing what I was thinking. I glared at him and continued walking but just a tad faster than before. 

"You know, today is your birthday. Are you excited?" he asked, a little joy in his voice that wasn't there before. 

"Why should I be excited?" I replied with a snicker.

"Because turning 18 means you finally get your mate. You should be excited."

"Yeah well what if my mate just happens to be another dominate or worst, a boy?" I said as I shivered in disgust at the thought of having a boyfriend. Ok so maybe I am gay but I'm gay and fucking proud about it. 

My response shut him up quick, considering the fact that he's still not okay with me being gay. I only told him last month and when I did, he stayed quiet for weeks. Ever since then, we didn't bring up the topic unless necessary and I promised not to talk about it too much until he's more open to the idea.

"Listen, I didn't mean to bring it up, okay?" I said.

"Yeah whatever. Let's just get this over with." He stated before walking into the gym ahead of me. I let out a heavy sigh before walking in, myself and heading to the girl's locker room. 

A strange, sweet smell clogged my nose. I just thought of it as the perfume that usually stunk up the whole locker room. But as I fully entered the locker room, with my gym bag in tow, I realized it wasn't just the ordinary smell. It was the smell of my mate. I could tell my by the way my wolf got excited.

I searched around the room but every girl I made eye contact with didn't seem to be my mate so I just ignored the fact that she was in here and got dressed. I was in the middle of putting my shirt on when I was knocked into from the back, causing me to slam into the lockers in front of me. 

I quickly turned around and stared at Amelia. She chuckled and glanced up to look at me, our eyes connecting and I almost cried out. 'MATE' rang through my head as my wolf tried to get to her but this was my worst nightmare. My enemy and ex best friend was my mate. 

I knew Amelia and she wasn't going to let this go. I knew she hated the idea just as much as I did but she was going to get the kick out of it.

"So, you're into me now?" she asked, playfully, as she leaned towards me.

"We are not mates, Amelia, and I refuse to be with you." I stated in a hushed tone before grabbing my stuff and leaving, bumping into her shoulder during the process of my dramatic exit. I couldn't be in the same room with her or even in the same proximity. I refused to be her mate and I didn't care how bad it made my wolf feel.