Chapter 10: You Know What's Not Fun?

I was not having a fun time.

Not at all.

Being trapped in a net that tangled your wings together is a lot scarier than it sounds. It sounds pretty scary.

Not as scary as just falling out of the sky scary but still in that level of scare meter. Of course when you're falling toward water which is your fathers domain is a bit better, still not that exciting.

Suddenly, I landed on a rather hard piece of wood and started to squirm left and right, trying to free my wing that got a tad stuck and was hurting a bit.

I somehow got to my feet and snarled at vikings that were coming coming closer to me and I tried not to have my back to them but it was hard as they were surrounding me.

Each of the vikings had some sort of weapon and I twitched like something bad was happening behind me just as I felt two vikings jump me and some, managed to work something over my jaw.

It was heavy and definitely made of metal, it dug into my skin when I tried to open my mouth leaving me to pant through my nostrils as I pawed at the thing which was still difficult with the netting.

I almost missed the advancing vikings before swiping my tail at them making them trip and glare down at them.

I kept swiping my tail and trying to avoid attacks but I was soon overwhelmed and was on my side with bodies all holding me down along with the net that made attacking difficult.

I glared as a clapping sound came in front of me and a guy with orangish-reddish hair and this sort of blue painted scar near his eye.

"Look what we caught today fellas, The Light Fury, the one that everyone thinks is a myth but knowing my brother, he actually found it." I let out a low growl as he came closer and set his foot over my nose as if I was some sort of possession he just claimed.

"Throw him in the dungeons. We'll get more dragons before executing the plan." The man barked as he watched from the sidelines as I struggled to get free (now the ropes were gone) and get pushed around.

I fought all the way down to the bottom of the ship where I was thrown into a sort of green metal cage. The metal around my mouth was still digging into my mouth making it difficult to open let alone attack someone.

"Odin? What are you doing here?" The voice of Hiccup asked concern as he made his way toward me cautiously.

I was still agitated and felt like growling at something, but this was Hiccup, Toothless's friend and rider and I would never do that to Toothless.

The darkness from the dungeon made my body glow and allow Hiccup to see where he was going as he slowly made his way toward me.

I bowed my head slightly as Hiccup skimmed over the metal restraint against my mouth. I heard him moving some and almost what felt like an eternity, felt the blasted thing start to come off.

As soon as it was off I opened my mouth, just stretching it before bending my neck to look at my wing that hurt a bit.

Turning it so I could see the inside I gently licked the area that hurt, like an instant and soon I felt it feel a little bit better.

Either that was a dragon thing, or a champion thing because it surely wasn't a godly thing, "What's wrong buddy?" Hiccup asked as he carefully examined the wing I was just looking at.

I cooed softly to let him know I was okay and pushed his hand away from really examining the wing, I could see Hiccup frown but he made no move to actually look at the wing.

"So...how do we get out?" Hiccup sort of muttered to himself as he examined the lock on the greenish looking cage.

I was about to try and blast it when Dagur himself came down the steps with men following.

"You idiots, I thought you knew better than to put the beast with my dear brother." Dagur said and glared at the men.

I slowly curled my tail around Hiccup's feet, if they were going to hurt him they were going to have to get through me first and no one wants to mess with an agitated Light Fury.

"Grab more men then grab the Light Fury you idiots." Dagur snarled at his men and look liked he wanted to hit the men over the head but if he did that they wouldn't be able to follow his command.