Chapter 8- Yggdrasil Champion

So, I decided to have Percy be a champion. You can probably guess of who or shall I say what. However he is going to be Norse. Like a counterpart. Even if he is a minor god he has a counterpart that brings justice like what he does for the Greek Gods and things. Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS OR TO WHATEVER YOU CELEBRATE HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

As I went to bed that night I was awoken by a cold sensation on my nose then water. Peaking through my eyes I noticed that snow was falling.

I didn't realize it was winter...

Grumbling I got up and in a circle blew fire around me as I laid back in the steamy ground. Take that snow!

But the snow kept coming and attaching to each other. Soon snow started to build around me and I finally had enough of it as I noticed remembered Toothless was in the stables area.

Sighing I stood up and shook the snow that collected on my back. Grumbling at having to move I opened my wings suddenly not feeling as tired as I was.

With only a few wing flaps I was smoothing through the air. I could tell I blended in really well. Better than with clouds!

Not going to far as I felt a twist in my gut. I landed away from people as the twist in my gut felt more forceful.

Letting instincts take over I felt myself shift. When I opened my eyes I felt different. For one I was standing on two legs.

The next thing I knew. Images and history flashed before my eyes. Knowledge that I probably shouldn't even know. Future and past flew past my eyes and implanted itself on my brain.

I clutched my head for a few seconds as things settled down. That's when it hit me.

Yggdrasil.

That word was everything on my mind. Implanted along with the rest of the knowledge and images and some sort of slide-show.

But what was Yggdrasil?

That's what I plan to find out. Sifting through information and sort of organizing it the best I could I searched for that word.

As I did this I didn't notice myself change back into a dragon. However my eyes had even more green. Green meaning life, nature, fertility, well being. I was connected to almost everything.

That's when I found the name.

Yggdrasil was the tree of life. It connected the nine worlds together. Images of the species that lived on the planet went through my mind.

I also got the image of me being Yggdrasil champion. How that was possible I didn't want to really know but apparently when i was born Yggdrasil saw something special in me and made me his champion!

Stopping before even more images and a migraine comes one, can dragons have migraines? Anyway, realizing I was a dragon again I decided to stay like that for now anyway.

It was probably time for me to got back to Berk anyway. Shifting a bit I flapped into the air almost steady until a blast of strong wind knocked me back to the ground.

Annoyed I shifted as another strong blast hit me. Turning so it hit my side instead of my head I waited for it to die down.

It didn't.

Crumbling I shifted once more and started to walk back to Berk. Walk!

It took longer than I liked but eventually I made my way back to Berk. Able to take small flights in between winds.

As I looked around I deduced it was still night by the lack of people. Heading toward the stables I somehow got in.

Inside all the dragons heads peaked upwards at the noise but noticing it was me went back into a comfortable position.

All except Toothless who dropped down from where he was hanging and looked like he wanted to play.

Deciding that I wasn't to tired I initiated the wrestle match by tackling him. Toothless let out a sort of laugh as we both suddenly started to wrestle.

We were even able to get some of the other dragons in it. Even Stormfly!

Of course Stormfly was resistant until we both annoyed her enough to snap at us. Which then dragged her into playing.

Soon enough there was a lot of commotion as Toothless and I teamed up against the other dragons. We were the best!

We heard arguing outside but that didn't stop us. It wasn't until we felt the cold wind blast at us that made us pause.

I jumped on Toothless's head to get a look at the vikings who came in when he was in the way. As I peered over him I noticed that it was a lot of vikings and all of them looked speechless.

"What are you guys doing?" I recognized hiccup as he said it.

Knowing that I can't really tell him what we were doing I decided to show him. Taking my tail I swiped it under an unsuspecting dragon who fell to the ground.

The dragon annoyed snapped at me as I grinned toothless.

Toothless bellowed a bit but stopped when he saw that Hiccup was disappointed in him. He folded his ears back and his head was close to the ground and suddenly I felt really bad too.

Following Toothless my head bowed in guilt and my ears laid back. I actually liked hiccup and knowing that he was disapproved in me!

I felt really bad. Hiccup's face instantly softened but I kept my head down but it peaked just a bit. The knowledge that he wasn't angry at me or Toothless was nice.

hiccup sighed, "Everyone go back to bed. Toothless come on." Hiccup muttered and Toothless followed instantly.

He probably thought it would be best to separate us and I ignored the pain in my chest when I realized he was still disappointed in us.

It was weird honestly.

Here I was Yggdrasil champion caring about some mortal viking. Not just champion of Yggdrasil but a minor god!

Sighing I watched as dragons settled back into their areas. Still not feeling tired plus the pain from my heart I went outside.

Ignoring the cold I opened my wings happy that it wasn't too windy and flew to a tree.

Settling myself on the tree I decided to take watch over Berk that night. Maybe if I get sleepy enough then I could actually go to bed.

But for right now I was awake and felt guilty. So as a result my way to say sorry was to watch over Berk. Until Hiccup wakes up at least.