chapter 6

Now with the hectic sounds of my animalistic classmate Johnnie just had to drop it. "Come on," I yelled over the noise. I pulled him to the doorway that bodies were shoved into trying to get free. Finally, I could feel the fresh air well at least the foul-smelling hallway.

      I felt like a bird that had been set free into a jungle. Everyone was jumping and running over each other to get out of the school building. Johnnie looked at me, "Is this the whole high school."

     "Yesh..." I replied glumly looking at like the 500 students if that of my school. It's pathetic really. I got hit and spun around on my heels to see Ally and Marie standing there.

      Marie was staring at Johnnie and she looked like she was undressing him on the spot. I hit her and she tore her line of sight to me. Marie just blinked, "Hey Sam. Who is your friend?"

     "Johnnie Guilbert... He just moved here from Cali," I replied. Instantly I knew I said the wrong thing because now she was practically drooling.

       We as a group started to walk towards each other's lockers. "Soooo... Johnnie, how do you view dances?" Marie asked him.

   Johnnie shuffled his feet, "I can't ever get a date..."

      "Ditto. Nor will I ever this isn't a face anyone could love," I muttered being dead serious but not to my surprise Marie and Ally started cracking up.

      Ally said in between laughs, "You're... just Sam." I was tempted to ask what the hell that meant but I kept my mouth shut. We parted to return our stuff to our lockers. I held back the tears like I did always and just sucked it up.

         I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Hey are you Okay?" I heard Johnnie asked. I felt a single run down my face without my free will. It killed me when I was weak. When I cried I felt more worthless than before. I held in the rest of the storm that had been approaching and turned around to look at Johnnie's blue eyes that seemed worried. I wasn't helping anyone.... I can't ruin his day.

        So I fixed my face back into the smile I always wore but I don't think I remember what its like to feel anymore.... pathetic really. Well, that's what my night was for when I was tucked away in my room. I fought with myself until I break down and cut. I'm the stupidest person alive and I didn't deserve to breathe but I simply nodded, "Yup I'm perfect! Let's go to lunch Johnnie." I linked my arm with his and started towards the lunch room.