Chap 17

Nadia the Syrith on the side-------->

~Levi~

“What are you saying, he’ll be in like a coma or something?” I asked panic clear in my voice. Cyrus gave me a sad eyed look.

“In a way yeah I’ve seen it happen, but I doubt it will. Just give him some time to recuperate and he’ll be right as rain” I heard the doubt in his reassurance and it scared me.

I combed my fingers through Kyle’s soft golden hair in a continuous rhythm refusing to take my eyes off him for even a second.

‘Please, Kyle wake up soon.’ I pleaded silently to him hoping where ever he was he could hear me.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

~Kyle~

The ground was cold and hard as my battered body lay crumpled on it. My wounds were healing slowly as I lay staring in the dark. Time was endless here, I had no idea what day it was or if it was day or night. How long have I been here, days, months, years? I couldn’t reach anyone though my pack link, have they left me? Have they kicked me out and severed our connection?

As much as I tried not too, my thoughts were brought to Levi…

My thoughts were interrupted by the heavy squeak of a door and I cringed.

‘Not again’ I whimpered silently as the slow sound of familiar heels clicking against the cement echoed horribly in my ears.

“Aww, poor pet” the stroke of a hand in my hair caused me to jerk away. A loud clang then ricocheted off the walls. “Eat boy, can’t have you dying on me… yet” she said with a low husky laugh before her heels drifted from the room. Sighing in relief I sat my aching body up and pulled the tray of slop closer to me and woofed it down.

I had to get out of here.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

~Levi~

“So where do you guys come from?” Cyrus asked a few hours later. I was posted beside Kyle the whole time while Cyrus moved the woman in the backroom. I glanced up at him,

“L.A.” his brows rose up and whistled in surprise.

“That’s a way’s away from here”

“It would have been if we thought about it” I muttered softly.

“Hunters right” he asked knowingly and I nodded.

“Yeah”

“Those persistent bastards are like flies, you swat them away but they keep coming back” he said. I chuckled,

“Yeah, and I wish I had a giant fly swatter at the moment.” His laughter was soft and deep.

A bang came from the back room in a continuous thump and I snapped my head in the direction before looking over at Cyrus. He was just sitting back in his reclining chair picking his nails with a black bladed knife, oblivious at the nose.

“Can I ask you something?” I said to him. He nodded, his gaze still focused on his nails.

“Who is she, the woman you have prisoner.” This question finally caused him to look up at me. His eyes were cold and narrowed in warning.