Chap 4

~Levi~

He didn’t know who I was. He didn’t remember anything but his name. I sat on my bed watching the large wolf pup lay on the floor staring at me with its yellow watchful eyes. The shower was running and my heart was beating like crazy. Kyle was in my shower! You probably calling me a dumbass for bringing him to my apartment but come on, how could I leave him out in the cold all dirty in an alley?

When I told him he could come to my place he was a little skeptical but gave in rather quickly. I couldn’t think of anything but why he would forget everything, where did he go, where has he been all this time, why was he in L.A? I absentmindedly started to rub my wrist when I heard the door open and a puff of steam escaped the bathroom. Kyle had a towel wrapped around his waist and my throat closed up at the sight of him. Yeah he was much thinner than I last seen him but that’s what happens when your homeless but that didn’t mar his perfection one bit. His over grown hair was wet and hanging around his face, it was back to its natural shinny blonde locks. His skin was golden and smooth just begging for a touch, a caress and I had to shake my head clear to get rid of such thought.

“Do, you have spare clothes for me to put on?” he asked and I was brought out of my thoughts and I jumped up.

“Oh y-yeah, hold on” I said rushing through my closet. I was a considerably smaller build than him but we were about the same size so I pulled a pair of sweats and a large lounging t-shirt and handed it to him. He smiled again and I looked at him warily. It still felt weird for him to smile at me. I remember when I wanted to see it so badly and now here it was, it was beautiful and mesmerizing but weird all the same.

“I made dinner, nothing fancy just a couple of hot dogs. It’s on the table in the living room” I told him, “Oh and I made the couch up for you” I frowned, geez I sounded like a doting wife. Shaking my head I turned to leave.

“I’ll give you some privacy” and with that I closed the door behind me and stood there for a moment. I couldn’t stop the butterflies in my stomach of the scrapping my wolf was doing, finally making his presence known. Ever since that terrible day in my dad’s bathroom my wolf has stayed dormant, even with Caleb’s bite my wolf was heartbroken but to protect me from it he stayed in the background. Blinking I rubbed my forehead tiredly and walked down the hall turning into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water.

I leant back against the counter, what was Matt going to say about Kyle being here? I know he wasn’t going to be happy about it. He wasn’t the major jealous type but he wouldn’t appreciate some guy sleeping on his boyfriends couch. I can tell him it’s just an old friend who’s trying to get back on his feet.

 The door opened down the hall and I heard that distinct walk of Kyle’s, dominate and confident strides. Though he lost his memory he didn’t forget that. I also heard the clicks of the pup’s nails scraping against the floor and I winced. Man I need to get carpet or something because this wolf is going to murder my floor. Kyle walked passed me and into the living room.

“The foods on the coffee table.” I voiced and he jumped turning to look at me with wide eyes then laughed blowing out a huff of air.

“I didn’t see you there” he chuckled. I tilted my head a bit; I could never sneak up on him before.

“Sorry for scaring you” he nodded and sat on the couch picking up his plate.

“It’s cool” he smiled and began eating.

This was so weird, I wonder if he felt our connection too. He wasn’t showing any signs like a normal wolf might. Maybe his homophobia ran much deeper that I thought and he suppressed any attraction to me or ignored it. Sighing I looked over at the wolf who made himself comfortable at Kyle’s feet.