Chap 10

~Levi~

*At the restaurant*

I stood still as Kyle ran off leaving me with a bunch of frightened people. I glanced down at Matt who was sitting on the floor his moth opened in shock, so I knelt down and lifted him to his feet.

“Are you alright?” I asked him softly. His eyes were glued to the door Kyle just left from,

“What the hell was that?” he whispered. I bit my lip not knowing what to tell them.

“He has some minor anger issue” I came up with quickly. Kyle didn’t know it but his wolf had total taken over his body tonight and this whole place just witnessed it. How could I explain something like this especially when he had growled so loudly the window shook!  

“Minor! That’s an understatement Levi, that guy is crazy why the hell are you hanging around him!?” Logan exclaimed with worry in his eyes. Oh great now they’re all scared of him.

“I agree with Logan he was acting really weird tonight and then all of a sudden he just attacks Matt like that! I think you should get some distance from this guy, get him out of your apartment man!” Gabe voiced his opinion, wholly agreeing with his boyfriend. I closed my eyes unable to say anything; they didn’t know how possessive a wolf got over a mate. I shouldn’t have let Matt kiss me like that not in front of Kyle, I knew better!   

Turning away from all my startled and upset friends I looked Matt over to see if he was fine.

“Matt do you need me to take you home?” his eyes shifted towards me but they were somewhere else, like he wasn’t seeing me. I frowned and wrapped an arm around his waist.

“Alright I’m going to take you home ok” I muttered to him as I placed a couple twenty’s on the table for our unfinished dinner. I overheard everyone talking amongst themselves about Kyle and how he needed to be in a mental institute or jail and I gritted my teeth from snapping at them just as Kyle had. Quickly I got Matt in my car since he carpooled with Jazz.

The whole ride he was quiet, wouldn’t say a word so I didn’t push him. I knew how scary it was to be approached like that by a high ranked wolf and Kyle was pretty high up the scale. He was a Beta, he was meant to lead next to an Alpha, and he could take an Alpha position if he had to. I forgot how dangerous he was till tonight. I was so caught up in his lost memories I forgot about the powerful wolf inside him who was starting to make his appearance. I had to tell Kyle what he was before he really hurt someone.

I dropped Matt off at the house he shared with his band mates and watch him slowly trudge inside never once looking back at me. I frowned at the front door he just closed for a moment. I know Kyle must have scared him but he was acting as if he’s been seriously traumatized. Sighing I drove off towards my apartment which was empty besides Lakota who was lounging on the couch lazily.

“Hey boy” I muttered to him, his ears perked up as he lifted his head towards me.

“Why me” he cocked his head at me complaint.

I walked back towards my room glancing at the time, it was around nine forty, and good thing I asked for a late shift at work today. Grudgingly I got ready for work, taking a quick shower. I put some chopped raw meat steak in a bowl with the bone on the side for the pup and rushed out the front door. I didn’t want to go to work right now; I wanted to know where Kyle was. If he was alright, if he needed me… UGH I should be saying these things about Matt not Kyle!

This night has totally gone to shit!

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>