Jinchuriki

"Wake up, wake up, dreaming. And lie here with me..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Itachi Uchiha... The boy who murdered his clan," Granny Chiyo noted, shaking her head. It took all I had to not yell at her. She knew nothing about Itachi. No one did.

"Long time no see... Kakashi. Naruto," Itachi acknowledged, his Sharingan going over each of them. His indifferent gaze landed on me, and in a deep voice, he said, "Minxie."

I couldn't say anything in response. If I did, I'd end up blowing my cover by letting my voice crack and shouting something about how much I had missed him.

"What the hell's wrong with you!? Going after Minxie and I... Kidnapping Gaara... I'm gonna take you down!" Naruto announced, and I felt myself wince. Itachi's arm left the long sleeves of his cloak, and Kakashi-sensei immediately took action.

"Nobody look directly into his eyes! If you do, he'll trap you in his genjutsu, and you'll be finished!" Kakashi-sensei ordered, and my team's eyes turned to Itachi's feet.

I zoned out when Granny Chiyo and Sakura began talking about ocular jutsu and how to defeat it. I didn't need to listen. I already knew all of this. I had an ocular kekkei genkai as well.

When Itachi spoke again, however, I did tune in, "Impressive, Kakashi. All of that after only experiencing Tsukuyomi once."

"Oh, I learned more," Kakashi-sensei said. "That jutsu takes a lot out of you, doesn't it? It's why, after using it, you had to wrap things up. But besides the chakra... There's also a risk to your eyes. Tell me, Itachi... How much of your eyesight have you lost?" He pulled up his headband, revealing his Sharingan eye.

I almost fell down. Kakashi-sensei knew about Itachi's eye condition!? What the hell!?

"Anyway, I was careless last time. That won't happen again," Kakashi-sensei assured.

"And if you think I'm the same as before... You're making a huge mistake!" Naruto announced.

"I'll take care of him, Naruto," Kakashi-sensei said easily.

"What!?" Naruto shouted, his mouth hanging open.

"Relax. I'm going to need you as backup," Kakashi-sensei said, "See, I want to send you ahead, but... I don't think I can handle him alone."

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. This shouldn't be happening. No one in this clearing should be taking care of anybody.

Kakashi-sensei turned to me. "Minxie, I'm going to need you to-" And then that was it. His voice just suddenly stopped.

Next thing I knew, I saw black feathers floating everywhere. Instantly, I knew that my situation was Itachi's doing. He had trapped me into a genjutsu... Most likely when I had stared at him, not even bothering to activate my Mind's Eye. It was my own fault.