My Charm Bracelet

"Why do I keep running from the truth? All I ever think about is you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryuu's POV

"She's where now!?" Kylie exclaimed, her eye twitching.

"I know," I said, sighing. "But you heard what I said. Scarlett's back in the village."

"What does she want with us, now?" She asked.

"I have no clue," I said, shrugging. "But all I know is that it can't be good. She's up to something; I just don't know what."

"Does Minxie know?" She inquired.

"I don't know," I replied. "And I hope it stays that way. She's training, and she really can't be bothered with Scarlett's crap. We'll have to deal with it ourselves."

"Do you really think we should? I mean, after last time-" She stopped talking, realizing what she had said. "Oh, God, Ryuu, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that! I really shouldn't have brought that up-"

I shook my head. "It's okay, Kylie. You're right. But, this time, we won't take action. We'll just try to be prepared for whatever she throws at us."

"That's hard to do when she always seems to be one step ahead of us," She grumbled.

"I know what you mean," I agreed. "But... There's one thing that just... Bothered me. Something she said."

"What'd she say?" She inquired.

"She said she is up to something... Something we've seen before," I said. "But that's not what bothered me. What bothered me was something else that she said. She told me... She told me that we'd need her. Like she knew."

"So, what? She actually knows what's going to happen? She knows we'll need her?" She asked.

"The way she sounded... I don't think she was lying," I admitted.

"But... That'd be impossible, right? No one can just know," She said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Unless they can see into the future... Oh, crap."

"Exactly," I confirmed. "She might know because she's seen what's going to happen already."

"But that's not possible," She said. "Scarlett can't tell the future. We'd be seriously screwed if she did."

"I don't think it was Scarlett," Mitchell said, walking into the room with a large book in his hand. "Look at this." He showed us the book.

"Woah, hold it. You went to the library?" Kylie asked, her eye twitching.

"What?" He asked, offended. "I'm not that stupid, you know."