Guardian of Fire Island - Kisses Burning Like Flames

Chapter 22: Kisses Burning Like Flames

“Fire Along the Sky Set the Darkness on Fire - Hail of Lava, Ashkenaz Oboth!”

The chamber was bathed in a bright, fiery glow. The light was intense, and yet there was this sense of security as well. It was also familiar. He had felt this warmth before, yet could not remember when. No, he hadn’t experience this time of warmth in life, but his dreams.

Lava.

It reminded him of the golden glow of liquid lava he had been seeing in his dreams for the last few night.

Out of the flames, a pair of eyes could be seen. They were fierce, piercing and intense. And yet they didn’t frighten Keahi. The heavy gaze felt familiar to him as well. They drew him in, touched his very soul.

The flames grew in intensity and they began to mould into a form, long and serpent like. Sharp claws, long talons slip from the flames and reach the floor in a heavy crushing sound. It’s body was gold and red, with a tinge of blue shimmering along it’s elongated body.

It was beautiful and mesmerising.

The dragon was regal, holding its head high above in the grand, high roofed chamber. Its claws where held in front, talons glinting in the fire’s light. It stood tall, on its hind legs, it’s long body curled several times around the chamber.

Flamenca’s Fire Beast was nowhere to be seen, the beast no match for the majestic dragon. But where had the dragon came from?

That voice…He heard a voice call upon the dragon’s form moments before it appeared. But…it couldn’t be…

Keahi had his arms around Bharath’s waist, the taller priest having his arms around his shoulders in a sense of protectiveness, and yet Bharath was staring up in complete awe.

“Master Keahi!” Elder Fudo managed to yell over the roar of the flames. “Did you just call upon a Fire Dragon?!”

“How is that possible?” Another Fire Elder asked, the fiery wind making it difficult to hear them over the noise. “Who called upon this Fire Beast?!”

Keahi couldn’t have called upon this dragon. He couldn’t have. But where did this majestic, and rare, Fire Beast come from?

“I...I don’t know,” Keahi muttered softly, his cheek pressed against Bharath’s chest, unable to take his gaze away from the Fire Dragon, of which seemed to be staring down at him. Staring only at him. “I don’t remember...saying anything. What...happened?”

Bharath must have heard him as his attention was turned to him. “Master?” he asked him.

Keahi was unable to respond, a feeling of fatigue washed over him. Staring into those wise eyes of the dragon, feeling secure, safe, Keahi felt his eyelids droop. The last thing he remembered in that slipt second before his grey out went black was Bharath’s calling his name out in alarm.

“Master Keahi!”

--------------------------

Keahi was at that place again. That place on the beach, watching as rivers of lava stream down the side of their volcano. Beautiful, bright and warm. And peaceful, oh-so peaceful. He liked it here, he had to admit. He felt safe and secure, and also wanted. He was welcomed here. He had no troubles, no cares. He could just watch as the lava, feel the warmth and just drift along.

He was dreaming again. He must have fallen asleep.

…Keahi…

His name. Someone was calling his name. It was soft, like the crackling of a light from a candle.