Chapter 53 - Surprise

To @iamviviansue.
A surprise is a surprise so here we go...
This chapter is for you... Surprise!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 53 - SURPRISE ~~~

When Nigel and I arrived the capital, we spent our afternoon in a very famous beauty salon for both ladies and men. He said he would be taking me out for dinner so both of us had to indulge ourselves to prepare for the night. Two women were assigned to help me do my hair, make up, nails, even my outfit and accessories. I just let the women did what they thought was best for me. While I was pampered with all the services they were offering, I was also in a state of wondering where Nigel was taking me for our first ever dinner date.

Fully dolled up, I stepped out of the room where I was taken cared of. Nigel was already in the waiting area and he was clothed in a signature suit.

Why was everything so formal tonight?

However, I was not in a gown. I was clothed in a sexy dress of purple, showing some skin and shape, not slutty though. When I appeared in front of him, he gave me a look that was enough for me to know that he found my appearance agreeable.

"You look ravishing... as always..." he complimented, encircling my waist with an arm and gulping his throat. "I want to ravish you right now."

"You are really a jerk, Nigel Joaquin..." I mused, giggling within his embrace, "but thank you. You look wonderful as well," I said to him. He would always be wonderful for me. "So where are you taking me?"

"You'll see, princess," he said, beaming and even thrilling me more.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It was our first time to go out together for dinner. For me, the place where we went to was the most perfect place in the world where a dinner should be set up.

It was set up in a first-class restaurant near a lake just at the outskirts of the city. When we entered the classy place, I really thought we were to find a table where we could settle. But, as Nigel pulled me gently by his hand, I discovered that we were actually not joining with the others, mostly couples, who were actually taking dinner there.

He kept on walking and I just kept up with him until he led me to a wide door. It led us to an open-air balcony which also led to a narrow bridge.

Before we went to walk on the bridge, a waiter presented Nigel a bouquet of red roses. Nigel, immediately, gave the flowers to me of which I gladly accepted.

Treading on the bridge with him, I noticed that its railings had lanterns hung in them making the bridge glow amidst the darkness of the night. It was totally breathtaking. What mesmerized me more was that, the bridge floor made of wood was filled with red rose petals.

"This is very beautiful, Nigel," I muttered as we walked.

"This is my way of extending my congratulations to you, princess, for getting the degree you've dreamed of and for making it at the top of the internship class," he said as we held hands. "I'm so proud you're my girl."

"Thank you," I said, too overwhelmed, not only of the beauty of the place but of the efforts he extended just to set this whole thing up.

Finally, we were at a small cottage in the middle of the lake. It had a pagoda-structured roof, and if the bridge glowed brightly, this place was also lit with lanterns around it. Spectacular --- that was the word that came into my head. In the center of the wooden floor was a table set for two with three scented candles on it. Just like the bridge, the cottage floor was also filled with rose petals.