12. The Duel.

Alice expected her body to hit the ground with such impact that her entire body would be smashed, and broken into tiny bits. But it never happened. Instead of the pain that she expected, she could feel a breeze whipping her hair around, and a dull aching in her left arm and shoulder.

“Well that was close.” Seth grinned down at you from atop his broom. He slowed down, and hovered towards the ground, he only let go of your wrist when your feet were firmly on the ground.

“You do realize we’re on opposite teams, right?” you asked, raising your eyebrow at him, your arms crossed stubbornly across your chest.

“Just because we’re on opposite teams, doesn’t mean I have to sit by while you fall from your broom at an alarming height.” Seth retorted coolly.

You gave a flat look to Seth, as once more, cheers rose up from the stands, and people started flooding the Quidditch Pitch.

Your team was quickly engulfed by the students of Hogwarts, who all laughed, and joked, while the other Professors patted Draco on the back.

Leaving Seth, you slipped yourself under Draco’s arm, with a triumphant grin on your face. “So how does this decide a winner for the tournament?” you asked, your gaze resting on the judges panel.

The judges at the table all leaned forward as McGonagall’s weary voice boomed through the cheering crowd, instantly creating a dead silence. “Congratulations British team. However, this is not the final task as you were lead to believe.”

It was almost instantaneous, the crowd inhaled all at the same moment, they were just as surprised as the other teams.

“The English and Canadian teams will be pitted against each other in a whole team duel, while the Korean and Russian team’s will also be duelling at the same time.” McGonagall announced, to the awe struck crowd. “I ask that all spectators return to the stands, where it will be safe.”

Slowly the crowds started to part, as the supporters headed back towards the stands to watch the final end of this tournament.

Your jaw was clenched tightly, you could only see red. It was your chance to upstage Lily, but you had to get around Tom in order to do so. You turned to your team and the Quidditch Pitch magically changed into a massive arena. “Draco, I want you, and Sari to prepare healing potions. Scott and Alex, I want you to stay close to Professor Malfoy and Ms. Yami.”

“What about the rest of us?” a couple of the students asked, looking at you eagerly.

You rested your hand on the first years head and smirked, “You, are going to be defending the potions table with Scott and Alex, when someone get’s hurt, it’s your duty to take whatever potion either Sari of Professor Malfoy give you, and take it to that hurt person. While you’re defending the potions table, I want you to be casting Protego over everyone, alright? The rest of you will be out on the battle field with me.” you explained, they all had determination in their eyes.

The team broke away, facing the Canadian counter parts, just like the Russians and Koreans were doing.

“At the sound of the canon, this duel will commence.” McGonagall’s amplified voice explained, breaking the tense silence.

The teams were all practically hovering as they waited for the canon to fire. It seemed to take forever, but eventually the loud ringing from the old time contraption rang through heavy air.

Seconds passed as each team stared down their opponent, waiting for the other to make the first move. The seconds turned into minutes as everyone felt hesitant to make the first attack.