7. The First Task.

The Headmistress of Hogwarts spoke to the crowds of students, ministry officials, families, and tournament fanatics in front of her. She was about to give the details about the tournaments first task..

Rita Skeeter hovered in the crowd, her quick notes quill rapidly moving along the notepad that floated just below it.

“I cannot tell you what the exact challenge will be, but it will be held on November 28th, starting at ten in the morning. Spectators will be allowed on the grounds of Hogwarts to view the first challenge. This challenge will consist of the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, and a student of their choice. They will team together for this task, using all knowledge and spells at their disposal.” McGonagall looked around the crowd in front of her, all of whom were staring back with looks of aw on their faces. “We will see you all on November the 28th then.” McGonagall dismissed the crowds as she stepped down from the stand she was speaking from.

Draco and Alice lead their team away from the crowds that were slowly dispersing.

“Who are you going to take with you, into the challenge?” Draco asked, walking towards his classroom in the dungeons. The big announcement for the tournament had taken place after breakfast, so there was no doubt in his mind that there would be a few students late for class this morning, due to their excitement.

“Dunno yet…” you murmured, not looking back at your team. Despite your many protests, Alex Mayar was on your team of students. You could feel the dull passion twitching through your right arm and into your fist, as you imagined yourself placing a well aimed punch into the boys face.

Draco and yourself parted ways, leaving towards your designated rooms of teaching.

You could feel a pressure in your chest, if you choose the wrong student, it could possibly mean their death, but if you use a student that you might need later on, and they get injured in this first challenge, then you would be sacrificing the whole teams chances. What were you going to do? Your thoughts wandered, and you pushed the heavy wooded door aside, leading into your classroom.

“Silence.” you called, turning to face the class that was muttering excitedly behind their hands.

Almost immediately the dark room fell silent, all eyes were now on their professor.

“We’re going to continue what we were working on before. Now, remember, the proper movement is a sharp jabbing motiont.” with a quick upward movement, pillows had appeared all around the room and on the floor, while the desks disappeared.

The students separated themselves from each other with their partners, and started practicing their hex on each other.

You glanced at the students from your desk at the front of the room occasionally as you read their essays on werewolves. Upon glancing up at that moment, you took note of how well, although you loathed the boy, Alex was picking up the new spells. He was still a little snot, though.

The bell rang through the class room, signalling the end of the period.

“Dismissed.” you muttered, not looking up from the essay you were reading. With a lazy sideway swishing movement, the pillows disappeared and the desks took their place, returning to their original spots.

You had used your class free period to finish marking essays, and consider your options of who to take with you for the first challenge. You could take the first year, she was tiny and not very skilled, but it’s the first challenge, how hard could it be?

You had let your mind nearly talk you into it, before you realized, you will probably need someone small later on, in case there were tight area’s that the bigger students could not get into. You grumbled, resting your head in your hand as students filed into the Great Hall, accompanied by loud chatter.