chapter 7

I met up with Jordan in the studio. He smiled when he saw me and embraced me in his arms. He was a cool dude. When we were waiting for Pete, we both talked about music. He kept on calling me 'Tiff' which made me remind of him again. The way Jordan said it was exactly the same way. Honestly, I wanted to ask him if he was the Jordan I was best friends with when I was a kid. I couldn't ask him that though. He probably thought I was weird for asking if he was my childhood prince, although he looked like the older version of him.

The way Jordan acted was so much like him, too. His hair was sticking up all over the places. His fashion sense…was interesting and he blurted out random things when we had our conversation. The urge to ask him was building up inside of me, but I still needed to remember that we were going on tour together pretty soon. I didn't want him to think of me as a weirdo, although he was one as well (in a good way).

"Who's your favorite band?" Jordan asked as we sat on the couches that were against the wall of the studio. "I'm just asking out of curiosity since you look like the type who likes good music."

I rested my head on the couch. "Third Eye Blind, they're like my favorite band of all freaking time. I remember listening to the song 'Jumper' religiously when I was a kid. That was like my jam back then," I smiled. "I remembered this one boy I used to have a crush on. He sang that song to me before he moved. It was like a scene from the movies where the guy serenades the girl while she's in her bedroom, watching from the window. We both sang that song so loudly that Thomas came in the room and told me to shut up.

"It's so weird that I still remember that. That was years ago, but I remembered that moment like it was yesterday. I guess it's something that never fades in my mind since other boys never done that to me except him. I mean, he was the reason like I ended up liking Third Eye Blind and that particular song as well," I laughed as I gazed up at him. "Sorry about my stupid rambling. I know that you only asked me who my favorite band was. The whole serenading thing was completely unnecessary."

Jordan stared at me. He didn't say a word. I wasn't sure if I freaked him out on that whole serenading thing. He must have thought I was a freak for even remembering things when I was a little kid. Geez, he probably wouldn't even talk to me after that whole rambling thing I did.

Jordan was about to open his mouth until Pete, along with Jack Barakat, entered the studio. "We have finally arrived," Jack announced as he took a seat between Jordan and I. I had to admit that Jack was not really a bad looking guy. I mean, he was pretty out there, but overall a really cool guy. Apparently he and Jordan kind of knew each other prior to this moment. Jack was a fan of Jordan's work before he got signed. Jordan was already well-known in this industry. I still needed to do a lot of work before breaking away from being Tiffany "Blews" Massena or the chick that covered "Tiffany Blews." I wanted to prove to everyone that I was more than that.

Pete stood in front of us. "Okay you guys, this is the first official day in the studio. I'm pretty sure that the both of you guys already have some material, right?" We both nodded. "Good, so today, we will go over them and see which ones we'll keep. Tiffany, you're up first," he handed me the guitar that sat on the table. "I think it's better for us to hear the raw version of your songs. By the way, are you going by 'Tiffany Massena' or something else when you go on tour?"

"I'll probably go by just 'Massena.' I'm not exactly creative when it comes to making up band names or solo project names," I shrugged.

"Us, too," Jack chimed in. "That's why we got our name from a song. Too bad Rock Band didn't exist back then for us. Maybe you should use the band name machine they have on there."

I laughed. "I'm not sure if I want to do that," I glanced at Jordan, who was still staring at me. I looked away and began tuning the guitar. I wasn't sure why he was acting like that. It couldn't be from the story I told him. It probably was. I sighed as I readied myself to perform. I took a deep breath and began singing 'Secret Runaway,' a song I wrote about hiding away from love. Pretty much all of my songs were about love. I never actually fell in love before so I didn't understand why I wrote so much about it.

I sang a couple of more songs until I was done. Pete decided to keep three out of the five songs I had. That wasn't bad since I thought he was going to scrap all of them. Jordan took my position as I sat down on the couch. He cleared his throat as he placed the capo on the neck of the guitar. "I'll sing a cover first before singing my songs, if that's alright with you," he told Pete.

He shrugged. "Sure, why not? What song will you play?"

Jordan gazed at me straight in the eyes. "Jumper by Third Eye Blind."

"Dude! I love that band," Jack grinned. "Do you like that band, too?"

I nodded. "Yeah," I answered quietly.

"Okay, I'll start then," Jordan smiled. When he began singing the song, memories flooded through me again. I began to remember everything. As I watched him play, I couldn't help but think he was the one. Holy crap, maybe I found him.

Maybe I found my childhood prince.

You're my Hollywood dream?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara