chapter 9

Thomas glanced at me while I wrote a song in the living room. Currently we are living in a small apartment, being paid by the label as I record my EP. Ever since I discovered that Jordan was my best friend, inspiration flowed through me so easily. I scribbled each word down on the notepad as Thomas sat on the recliner across from me eating a bowl of grapes. I placed my pen down and read the lyrics I wrote. I smiled in satisfaction as I added on more to the song.

"You are definitely inspired huh?" Thomas mentioned between popping grapes in his mouth. "Is Jordan the reason why you're like this?"

I glanced up at him. I forgot to tell him about my discovery. "Well…," I smiled widely at him. "You are correct. He's my inspiration since he's my best friend," Thomas raised an eyebrow as I continued. "Thomas, he's Dan-Dan, my best friend in elementary school, and the one who sang 'Jumper' to me before he moved away. I found him!"

When I said those words, I swore that Thomas nearly dropped the bowl he held in his hands. "He's Dan-Dan? Holy shit, no wonder he looks so fucking familiar to me," he set the bowl down on the table in front of him. "He's back again," he mentioned in a worried tone as he walked around the room. "That means he wants to sleep with you."

"What?" I exclaimed. "You are so weird. Please don't go into over-protective brother mode 'cause that's embarrassing, okay?" I took a deep breath. "He doesn't want to sleep with me."

Thomas shook his head. "I see the way he looks at you. He's undressing you with his mind."

"Calm the fuck down, Thomas. Calm the fuck down," I rolled my eyes. "Great, I probably shouldn't have invited him over here today."

Thomas' eyes nearly popped out of his head. "You what?"

I crossed my arms. "I'm inviting him here today," I repeated. "If you don't want to stay, then go."

"No," he took a seat on the recliner again. "I am going to watch that guy and make sure he doesn't get too comfortable with you."

I flopped on the couch. "Just to remind you," I gazed up at my paranoid brother. "Jordan is my best friend, not my boyfriend." Okay, so maybe he was technically my boyfriend since we secretly dated throughout our grade school years, but things have changed.

I sat in silence, letting my brother take in all the information he found out and possibly relax a little before Jordan came over. I grabbed my notebook from the table and walked out of the living room and into my bedroom. I opened the window that overlooked the busy streets of L.A. and glanced over the words I wrote earlier.

With guitar in hand, I started strumming chords and creating harmonies that would go with the song. The more I sang the song, the more I fell in love it. I rested my head on the cool window sill as I continued playing the same chords and sang the same words repeatedly. "Just come back here and stay with me," I finished singing the last four words of the song.

"Sounds amazing."

I dropped my guitar in shock as Jordan swiftly walked in the room and picked up the instrument for me, placing it on the edge of my bed. "What's the song called?"

I saw Thomas at the entrance of my door, shaking his head before leaving. I chuckled to myself before answering. "I don't know yet. I just wrote it."

"That's a good song title," Jordan joked as I threw a plush pillow at him. He took a sit on my bed and crossed his legs. "So…you told Thomas already, huh?" I nodded as he carried on. "He's giving me death glares. I'm assuming he's thinking that I'm trying to make a move on you, which is true," he grinned as I groaned.

"Seriously Jordan, just don't say that," I buried my face on the blanket in front of me. "You're making me feel uncomfortable," I turned to him.

"Why? Because I happen to still have a crush on you and will do anything to have you date me again?"

"Again?" My brother's voice shook up the whole apartment as he barged in the room.

Jordan, who was in a state of shock, staring at the monster in front of him. "Uh" was all he could say.

"Thomas, just chill, okay?" I answered calmly. "Jordan is just joking around like he always does." I gave Thomas a sympathetic smile, hoping that he would lower the raging anger inside of him.

He sighed as he walked away, leaving Jordan still speechless at what just happened. "I'm scared," he blurted out in a whisper.

I laughed as I patted him on the head. "Thomas is just being Thomas. That's all."

"Some things never change," he commented.

"I heard that!" Thomas called from the living room.

Jordan's eyes widened. "Does he have supersonic hearing?" I laughed at his question, but when I saw him look at me in a serious manner, I knew he meant it.

I shrugged. "I don't know if he does, but I highly doubt that he has supersonic hearing. He's probably by the doorway eavesdropping in our conversation." By saying that, we heard light footsteps fading away from the hallway. "See?" Jordan let out a sigh of relief as I chuckled to myself.

"I need to get used to that."