ARC 3 --- Chapter 31 --- Team of Four

[Part 1]

The four fell down, without much time to react. In their eyes, they can only see darkness. In this situation, they can't tell how deep this opening is. It could be very deep, or not at all. But, they can't just gamble.

Rob first took a deep breath. In this situation, panicking will only make things worse he needs to think quickly, but also calmly. Because his surroundings are all darkness, it's hard to know If they are near a cave wall or not. If they are near a cave wall, then they could use the Ogino or other objects to hold on to the wall, which will at least slow down their fall.

If they are nowhere near a cave wall, then Rob would have to cast a float spell on all four of them. The problem is that Rob can't clearly see the positions of the others in this darkness. He wouldn't be able to pinpoint the target of the float spell. So, the first step to deal with this is some light or fire magic to light up his surroundings.

However, as Rob was falling, he can't think too clearly about it. In fact, his body responded by thinking that they are already near a wall. First Rob pulled out his magic storage, and took a piece of the broken Regia, the Tiarum fang. He only hopes to be able to at least slow down his fall by making the fang get stuck in the wall. This action would have proved fatal If there were no walls arund them.

Much to their luck, there was a wall right next to them. Rob managed to slow down somewhat with the fang, and then thought about things more clearly.

"First off, we need light! The others are still falling!" thought Rob.

<Fireball>

The fireball brought some temporary light into the darkness. Using that instant, Breeve, who was some ways below Rob managed to change the shape of her Ogino, and then grabbed onto Rob's feet and the falling Broam. Broam reacted a bit later, and reached his out his Ogino to the falling Morthy.

While this was a splendid action to prevent their fall, the weight of four was too much for a broken Tiarum fang, Rob began to slide down as the fang began deteriorating. Morthy reacted to them sliding down by using his claw gloves to hang on to the cave wall. The sound of the steel colliding onto the rock was very clear on their ears. Thanks to Morthy also supporting their weight, Rob and the others stopped sliding down. Rob and Morthy are the ones that keep them from falling, while Breeve and Broam kept them together in one line.

Now, they can calm down for a moment.

"We did our best to prevent our doom. For now, just keep your calm. Help will definitely arrive soon." said Rob.

"But Rob... I don't think this is a safe position to be in. You and that Molio can't keep this on forever, right?" asked Breeve.

"True, I can only hold on for a certain amount of time. By the way, I do have a name, which is Morthy." replied Morthy.

"Well, everyone. There were those Molio around us. Once some Crummerers get here, we will be rescued easily. But... us falling here might be a good thing. Now that we have found a new cave opening, we might find new resources. We can also build a bigger dungeon without making the Molio dig out a cave on their own. Now that we are not falling at a rapid rate, I can easily let us float down safely. How about it? You guys want to become the first ones to explore this new opening? Once we are rescued, I am sure they won't allow you guys to explore on your own." said Rob.

"True.. captain Bromin would certainly not let us go through here. But, I still think this is too dangerous." said Breeve.

"Don't worry too much. I will still protect you guys. If we are quite cautious, then we will be just fine." said Rob.