Chapter 9: "I think he likes you"

Aphmau's POV:

"Hey,aphmau" I turned around and see Laurence and garroth.

"Hey,what are you guys doing here?" I ask them.

"You know, just taking a break from practice. How about you?" Garroth asks as he sat down beside me.

"Just waiting for Zane." I shrug.

"Really? You two are always hanging out." Laurence pointed out.

"Yeah,he's a really great friend" I smiled.

"Hmm..I think he likes you.." Laurence thought.

"W-what?! No! We're just friends. And he told me that I was the first one to talk to him willingly, so I maybe..he just likes me as a friend." I said to them. They just shrug.

"Speaking of which, why did you attack Aaron yesterday? He was just telling us--" I glared at Laurence. He puts his hands up in mock surrender.

I looked away. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"How about if we share you our secret? Will you tell us?" Garroth asks.

"It depends.." I stated. "Go ahead, share it."

"Well." Laurence awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.
"I do have a crush on this girl."

"Oh, do tell!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, from what I remember..that's the first one since grade 3" Garroth chuckled and Laurence glared at him.

"Well, she's really pretty. Kind, and sometimes can be pretty sarcastic and sassy" Laurence laughs. "She's really funny, I'm comfortable when I'm around her, and even though she looks like delicate flower, she can be pretty tough." He sends us a cheeky grin.

"She sounds like she has a gold of heart, are you two pretty close?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but I haven't told her that I like her. How about you garroth, is there anyone that catches your attention?" He turns to garroth.

"Yeah, she's beautiful, friendly, really nice and she's funny too." Garroth stated. "She's really cute and I have been crushing on her since the day we met." Garroth blushes.

"How about you, aphmau?" Laurence and garroth turned their attention to me.

"M-me?" I ask. "Oh, I'm not really interested in anyone, recently. But I'm not rushing anything, it'll just happens when it happens." I answered cheekily.

"Oh, *coughs* waiting for the right time, I see." Laurence said, clearing his throat.

"Hey, Laurence? Are you okay, you have been coughing recently. Do you want me to take you to the infirmary?" Garroth asks him.

"Don't worry, it's just a little cold. I'll be fine." Laurence argued.

I touched his forehead. "Laurence, your burning. We need to get you to the infirmary to see if you're okay."

He sighs. "*coughs* fine.."

"I told you not to overwork yourself during practice." Garroth stated.

"Yeah,yeah. *coughs* I'm gonna be fine, dad." Laurence playfully nudge garroth's shoulder with his.

***

"Are you girls excited?!" Cadenza squealed.

"Yessum! Kawaii~Chan can't wait anymore!" Kawaii~Chan complained.

"It's just a ball, there's nothing special about it" Katelyn said in a bored tone.

"You have a point Katelyn, but I'm going with Dante, so I'm okay with it." Nicole said.

"Yeah, Katelyn. Don't be a party pooper" Lucinda said, katelyn rolled her eyes.

"It's just that I have to wear a big puffy lame dress and stupid heels. And let's not forget the stupid make up!" Katelyn groans in frustration, throwing her hands in the air to make point, gaining attention to the other students.

"Don't worry katelyn, it's just on night. And think about it this way, no one will recognize you and you'll be spending your night with Jeffory." I said, trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah, thank you aphmau" katelyn smiles. "Are you and garroth ready for tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we already organized everything, and he's gonna pick me up on 6:30 at my house." I answered her question.

"Wait, we're still going to prepare at your house right? Cause already ask our dates to pick us up on your house." Lucinda asks.

"Yeah, I already ask my parents. I'll prepare the things we need later." I smiled.

***
"So is Laurence okay now?" Aaron said as he tune his guitar.

" I don't know yet, but maybe he'll just catch a cold. I hope his fine though." I shrug.

Aaron played with the strings for a while, then he motioned for me to come to him.

"Okay? What are you doing?" I ask as make me sit down on a chair.

"I'm going to teach you how to play the guitar" he stated.

I placed his guitar on my lap and put the strap over my head. He went behind me, his arms in both sides of my shoulders. He positioned my figers on the right places.

"Now, that's G Major" he re-positioned my fingers again.

"That's C Minor" he told me.

"Wait, what song are we playing?" I ask him.

"What kind of song do you want to learn and play?" He answered with a question.

"Hmm..how about, 7 Years. It's the new hit on iTunes." I suggest.

[A/N: lol, I became addicted to that song! :P]

"Nah, that song has a bar chord. To difficult for a beginner. How about All of Me? That's the easiest, it was the first song I played." He suggest.

"Yeah, sure" I agreed.

Aaron continued teaching me how to strum and the positions of the chord.

"There! You did it, but you a lot more practice though. You're still a bit slow on switching the chords, but that's good enough." He compliments.

"Thanks Aaron, I'll practice more." I giggled.

"Hey, how about I drive you home? I haven't seen levin and Malachi in a while now." He offers.

"Sure, come on" I said.

We went to the parking lot and went inside his car.

"So, do you have a date tomorrow? For the Masquerade Ball?" I asks him as I buckle up.

"Nah, I'm going alone." He smiled. "How about you, who's the lucky man?"

"Garroth, he asked me out the other day."

Later that day, our pet Thorgi arrived. The Pet Movers had some difficulties on the way, that's why he came up late. Aaron and I played with Thorgi.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thanks for reading!

So,are you excited for the ball? I know I am!

Sorry for the wrong grammars and spelling!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

FAN

AND SHARE

~Ella