Epilogue

**sorry if this seems random!**

I never thought I would look so good in a casket but I did. Niall looked sexy also right beside me. I didn't have a family so I was buried with Niall.

"I look good in a suit." Niall said with a smile. I started to chuckle at the cute blonde beside me. "Do you find it weird that we're at our own funeral?"

"Nahh we're just curious ghost that's all." I told him. We heard a sniffling noise that cause us both to turn around. I had almost forgot that his family would be crying. A frown came across Niall's face when he turned around to face his family.

"Aww mom." He said softly as he looked at the beautiful lady. She was crying into Louis's dad's shoulder. He was holding her while she sobbed into the afternoon air.

"Lou too." I said pointing to the nineteen year old. Louis was on his knees sobbing uncontrollably. A curly haired young kid was patting his back and trying to calm him down.

"Lili." Niall said noticing Liam and Danielle. Both were red faced with tears falling down. They were clutching each other's hands.

"Cher too." Niall pointed to this brunette I haven't seen before. She was sitting down and had mascara running down her face. She was crying silently but crying just as much as the others.

"This is making me sad. Can we go?" Niall asked me. I nodded and grabbed his hand. That's when Louis stood up and surprised us by speaking.

"Ummm, would it be alright if we sung them a song?" Louis asked through sobs.

"Sure love." Niall's mom said as she tried to compose herself.

Louis got up and started walking up to our caskets. He then went behind them to face his family and friends. He made a gesture and Liam and the curly haired boy went up to his side.

"So I'm his step brother." Louis said.

"I'm his best friend." Liam said.

"And I'm, well Louis friend, Harry." The curly haired boy said looking at Louis.

"We barely knew Zayn but we did know that Niall liked him. Anyone that Niall likes we gotta like. So Zayn this song is also for you. Not just for Niall." Louis said with a smile.

As if on cue somewhere music started to play which caught our attention. The piano was playing soft and steady. Then Louis took a deep breath.

"I can't sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I'm bruised." He sung beautifully. I felt Niall stiffen up at these lyrics.

"I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home. I kinda need a hero, Is it you?" Liam started to sing. I looked at Niall who had a tear slide down his cheek.

"My favorite song." He said softly.

"I never see the forest for the trees, I could really use your melody. Baby I'm a little blind, I think it's time for you to find me." Harry sung out loud.

"Can you be my nightingale?" They all sung, including a now crying Niall. It registered to me that I knew this song also. "Sing to me, I know you're there. You could be my sanity, the remedies, sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale." We all sung in perfect harmony.

"Somebody speak to me, cause I'm feeling like hell. Need you to answer me, I'm overwhelmed." Niall sung with Louis even though only I could hear him.

"I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home. I need a star to follow, I don't know." I decided to sing with Liam.

"I never see the forest for the trees, I could really use your melody. Baby I'm a little blind, I think it's time for you to find me!" Harry sung with heart.

"Can you be my nightingale?" We all sung out loud. "Sing to me, I know you're there. You could be my sanity, the remedies, sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale!"

"I don't know what I'd do without you." Niall sung to me, blocking out the other voices.

"Your words are like a whisper come through." I sung back to him.

"As long as you're with me here tonight." He sung.

"I'm good." I finished for him.

"Can you be my nightingale?" We sung to each other as we held one another's hands. "Feel so close, I know you're there!"

"Ooohhhh nightingale, sing to me, I know you're there." We all sang. "Cause baby you're my sanity, you bring me peace, sing me to sleep."

"Say you'll be my nightingale." Niall and I finished the song. He was fully crying now and I couldn't bear it.

"Come on babe." I said. I picked him up bridal style and started walking.

"Where are we going?" He asked as he got one final look at his loved ones.

"Wherever my legs take us." I answered.

"We sound good together. We coulda been a boy band." He said with a smirk.

"Oh yea. What woulda been our name?" I asked him.

"One Direction." He said with a smile, showing off his braces.

"Why One Direction?" I asked.

"Because you only go one direction in life and that's forward. No repeats, so do everything you can the first time. The way you want to. The way that'll make you happy in the long run." He explained.

"I like it, you're a little genius." I said with a smile on my face.

"I try." He said smiling cheekily.

I were walking towards the woods. With each step I took my legs started to fade. I was starting to vanish and so was Niall.

"Are you afraid?" I asked. He shook his head. "Why not?"

"Because as long as you're with me, I know I'll be alright." He said as he leaned into my neck.

"You got that right babe." I said giving him a squeeze before we vanished completely.

I woke up in a pool of sweat. Niall hopped up and looked at me.

"Zayn what's wrong?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"I had a dream." I told him.

"Well people do that." Harry said from across the room. He was cuddled up with Lou.

"Shut up Haz." Louis said not opening his eyes.

"What was it about?" Liam asked from the other bed.

"About when we all met." I said softly.

"The accident?" Niall asked. I looked over at him. Even in the dark I could see the scar that ran from his hairline down to his left eyebrow. It was a constant reminder of that event.

"Yea, we died." I said softly.

"It wasn't real Zaynie." Niall assured me. "We lived and we're together. That was two years ago. You gotta let go of the past. You can't live there. We only move forward. That's why we're One Direction." He said with a smile.

"You're so adorable." I told him. I pulled him in for a kiss then held his warm body next to mines.

"Goodnight boys." I said to them all.

"Night!" They all replied.

"Night babe." Niall and I said in unison before we went back to sleep.